SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bettyd_z7_va

More Pictures --- Pumpkin Soup Bowls!! --- And Pheasants!!!

bettyd_z7_va
14 years ago

O K. I should be doing soooo many things that have to be done here instead of posting pictures. But, I don't feel like it.

I have issues with my internet provider slowing down or stopping my internet access if I Upload/download (whatever you call it) too many pictures in a months time. Out here in the country high speed service is only a dream.

If I disappear for a while, y'all will know I went over my limit.

After doing this tablescape and getting ready to post the pictures, I found that my table is lower on the left and is causing everthing to lean that way. So, please try to overlook that little problem for now. One of our sons leaned on the table years ago and broke the leg. DH repaired it and I never noticed 'till now that it is a weeeee bit crooked. I kept straightening stuff and finally gave up. I even stuck a saucer under the left side of the cross in some of the pictures because that really looked bad!

I included a cross because I am sooo thankful for the price paid there so we can have what we have now and in the future. And I wanted to include what is MOST IMPORTANT in my life on this 'Day of Thanks' tablescape.

It was a cloudy day and my dining area is in the middle of the house with no close windows for natural light. You should have seen my 'set up' with stools and lamps trying to bring some life to this without using a flash!!

This was the day I was babysitting precious 3 month old DGS for the first time and he sat in his little seat chewing on his little keys and watching Nanny do wierd stuff with cameras, dishes, etc. It's never too soon to pass down the "Tablescaping Addiction" to the newest generation!!!

See my "Pride and Joy"!! Thanks again, Jane. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them!!!

Finally, the silver pheasants get their moment of glory.

The first one was on the side of the table that got a little natural light from the den windows, the second was on the dark side, but both are nice and bright.

My 'peasant' pheasant wanted to be included with his richer relatives and I couldn't deny him!!

The napkin rings I fell in love with and bought at Burlington Coat Factory at least 2 years ago, on a whim. Finally had a tablescape that I could use them with.

Love my cheap Dollar Tree with a little candlelight.

A shot from above showing the cute little leaf dishes in the upper left corner that DH found at Macy's when he and DD did Black Friday last year and surprised me with them Christmas morning. He's a "KEEPER"!!

The gold colored glasses were Aunt B's. She said she never used them and I could have them. I treasure her 'hand-me-downs'.

I am sooooo proud of this centerpiece arrangement. Our church ladies had a chance to take part in a floral arrangement class at a neighboring church. I have no talent in that area. NONE. Period.

I know what I like. I enjoy other people's beautiful creations. I love it when someone else creates it, BUT I JUST CAN"T DO IT MYSELF. I didn't get the gene.

I walked around the room selecting the basket and all of the individual pieces that caught my eye and took them back to my table and sat down. Didn't have a clue what to do with them. The kind lady in charge came over and showed me how to wire items onto picks and gave me some ideas. I did what I could and she came back and showed me the little secret of tucking a little ribbon 'here and there'.

And this is the end result....

I'm so excited!! I've already bought some things to try my hand at another one. I hope they have another class! I sweated bullets doing this and I feel like a 'Proud Mama'!!

It is prettier IRL. My lack of light really doesn't let you see it very well. I'm not bragging or getting a 'Big Head', but I'm happy that after 55 years I took the plunge and tried something I thougt I could never do.

Y'all are such wonderful encouragers and I thank you ALL for the love and encouragement you've given me from the very beginning. I love you all so much.

OK. Enough of that before I get the keyboard wet.

DD came by to pick up Sweet-Pea and took one look and said, "Oh Mama. Too much stuff." So, after a little while I asked what I shoud remove to make it look better.

She looked at it again and said, "Nothing, it grows on you."

I love it!

And for the finale.......

A word to the wise......

Don't tear your table down until AFTER your have uploaded your pictures to the computer so you can see if your candles are straight. ASK ME HOW I KNOW.......

LOL

Betty

P.S.- With my long 'TO DO' list I may not get to post again until after Thanksgiving. I just wanted to wish you all a wonderful Happy Thanksgiving and hope you spend it with lots of family and friends. I am so thankful for you all.

Take lots of pictures to share!!

Love Ya!!

Comments (25)

Sponsored
More Discussions