SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
36shirl

Apple Talk

shirl36
10 years ago

Recently there was talk on our favorite apples.

Now I would like opinions on the apple peeler. We just recently bought one and was a bit disappointed on our first time use. The second time was some better, not what we expected.

The suction cup on bottom did not hold well, second time DH wet the counter top and it was much better. It peels the apple pretty good, always have to fine tune tho. Slices apple pretty thin and they seem to fall apart making for abit haphazzard look. We do think time wise we peeled and finished a peck in pretty good time. Your comments?

Those of you who can apple pie filling just what is your procedure. Our deep freeze is so full (especially with all the Canadian Bacon lately) I thought I would make pie filling and can, with a hot water bath. Have a canning pressure cooker, just don't want the hassle of going to garage loft and find. Is the hot water bath sufficient? for how long should it be.

Thanks for all the comments.....this is such a great web site. I love all the pictures that are posted and in the last few years my cooking habits and presentation of my food has changed so much and all because of the posts and pictures.

Comments (8)