SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caroline94535

Could someone help me 'draw' a wall plan; 4 pics

15 years ago

I'm not getting the hang of my Better Homes & Gardens program. I need a line drawing of the living room's south wall to take to the cabinet man.

The wall is 12 ft. long. The ceiling is 8' high. The lower cabinets' depths and closet will probably be the standard 24".

The window faces south. The width, outer frame to outer frame, is 56". The lower sill is 57" wide, but the framing will be replaced. The sill is 28" above the floor.

It's 19 1/2 inches from the outer edge of the window frame to the right wall.

It is 67 inches from the left corner to the left side of the window fram.

I want wall-to-wall built-ins, and a coat/vacuum closet, along this wall. Here's what I was planning...

From the left, by the front door, I want a coat closet. It will be between 30 and 36" wide.

Next to it will be an 18" wide display/book case with a cabinet base. The shelves will be adjustible. The 35" (?) tall base can have a door or drawers.

I want a chair-height window seat under the window. It needs to have two full-extension pull out drawers. Or should that be one very wide drawer?

A matching 18" wide display/book case/cabinet will be to the right of the window.

Do I want a soffet, or run the cabinets to the ceiling with a cabinet above the window?

What would you suggest I do for this space?

This is the wall when we moved in. These "curtains" belonged to the former owner and were promtly removed. (My friend used them to make fairy-costumes for her daughters.)

{{!gwi}}

What I have here now. Angled toward the right by the kitchen.

Angled toward the left by the front door.

(The purple love seat is now in the sewing room!)

We've removed the ceiling light fixtures and painted the ceiling. I'm painting the walls this week. The carpeting will be pulled up and the original hardwood floors refinished this summer.

The wall between the kitchen and livingroom is 39" deep. The wall to the right of the front door is 30" deep. The front door will be replaced.

If you can help with a line drawing of my ideas, or any idea, I'd be so thankful.

A dream/inspiration...but I must have a coat closet at the far left side.

{{!gwi}}

Comments (4)