SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mchaney1

Fireplace/Built in Wall giving me grief, could someone photoshop!

mchaney1
14 years ago

We are starting a new build and I am having a difficult time visualizing our family room wall. We have posted our plans on the building forum and were told we needed more windows in the family room. So I thought we could place windows 2-0x4x2 windows on each side of the fireplace to bring light into the room. But we also want built in bookcases. We found an amazing deal on the cabinets below and want to incorporate them into our room.

The room is 17'6" in across. We are going to have 2 36" cabinets on the right and 2 36" cabinets on the left of the fireplace. Leaving about 5'6" for the fireplace. Over the far 2 cabinets we will put in bookcases (we need one for our fish tank) and over the middle cabinets we will put the windows. My architect drew up something below to give me an idea but I am still having trouble visualizing.

My husband also wants a TV over the fireplace. We just bought a gas fireplace today and if we sit it on the floor the TV can be 48 inches off of the floor at a minimum. (My DH does not want it too high).

Please give me suggestions, etc. and if someone had a couple minutes to photoshop this for me, I would be so grateful. I posted something similar here from our last help and squirrel photoshopped for me and helped me so much!

Thanks in advance!

Fireplace sketch. Windows sizes are going to be changed and I think we are only going to run the stone up to a mantle ledge. We are thinking of recessing out an area for our 42" flat panel to try to avoid heat from damaging it.

Cabinet pic.

The

Comments (18)

Sponsored
Suzan Meredith Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Ashburn's Innovative Interior Designers 2x Best of Houzz Winner