SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
celticmoon_gw

Layout input please? Maybe stack drape just to one side?

celticmoon
10 years ago

Trying to commit to a layout for my Florida nest I am furnishing on a budget. I have collected most of what I need off CL & Goodwill. But I don't want to spend hours fixing/painting/upholstering/sewing things that won't get used, so a working plan is necessary now.

Below is the layout. Floor outlets and A/V wiring and lighting remain in place, so that is all good. If I don't quite like the furniture placement, the smaller sofa and chairs can switch places.

My question today involves the WT & desk at the top right. The desk I found (and love - piano hinged center section has lots of cubbies and little drawers) comes to within an inch of that window. I have tried other configurations, but I really want the view from the desk while I work. That desk placement causes a couple problems though: a right drape blocks some window; desk access is a little tight; and the smaller sofa still isn't quite centered on the window... which might drive me nuts.

I am thinking to stack the drape only to the left of the window, so the drape balances the desk. Shift both sofas a bit left to improve desk access. And do the same for the WT at the balcony: stack only on the left - better for balcony access as well.

Yes? Or would that be weird?

Comments (17)