SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
debbie_metzger

Just Once More, maybe? Please review this plan

Cook1
15 years ago

OK, two days ago I was completely happy with the floorplan I created (with lots of your useful comments). Then the contractor came over, and he suggested I look again at the option of switching the DR and Kitchen and opening everything up, telling me it will update the kitchen, give me better space, etc.

So I went back to the drawing board, and remeasured all my demensions for the LR/DR and hallways and then came up with this plan.

a href="http://s299.photobucket.com/albums/mm293/metzgerreiner/?action=view¤t=fpsinkpen1.jpg"; target="_blank">

#1A Shows the penninsula again and then the bottom part of the hallway leading to the FR and the outside patio, etc.

But then I was reviewing older plans and combined a couple of different plans into this one in which I opened the wall to the LR but by moving the door into the DR it gave me more options, so now I have this one:

#2A

In a magazine I saw a really cool pic that I was trying to create, it had a high counter by placing the oven higher than normal (the opening is for the oven inmy drawing) and then kept a counter of that hight and wrapped it around the opening [which is what I tried to draw).

I think the first plan has good space for cooking and the second plan has a better overall house flow, but is not as good for cooking.

What do you think? Do either of these plans stand out as a space you could cook in? Any problems, issues, comments?

I can't decide if I can't make a final decision because I am incapable, or because I just haven't found the right plan. Thanks for your patience, as as always I welcome your comments.

Comments (13)