SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
groovia

Crap! I hate my BM Georgian Green!

groovia
13 years ago

I have loved BM Georgian Green since the very first day last year that I smeared a paint sample on the wall. It didn't work for that room, but that color made me so happy, I would remove the picture frames that were hiding my sample splotches so I could just see it and smile. It reminded me of my VW New Beetle in Cyber Green that I had before we had children.

When it came time to choose a paint color for the boys' room, I thought Georgian Green just might be the thing. I dragged out my sample pots, and lo and behold, it was beautiful to me.

This past Monday, I went out and got my Aura in Georgian Green and have been antsy the whole week while I prepped the room. Today I was so excited to start, and now that I have an entire wall done, it's not the lovely springtime green that I was lead to believe. It's OLIVE!! And dark! And the kind of color that should be on an Army jeep. In fact, it's what I imagine Laura Ashley Olive #4 would look like, which is something I've had my eye on for our den. The Georgian Green sample looked like my VW Beetle, so DH nixed it.

Now, it is a kind of gloomy day, but even with the lights on it, it's still so blah. Not the kind of color I wanted for my 4 yr old and 2 yr old. I was going to accent with navy blue. Now I'm not so sure the color is suitable for that. I really was going for a softer Beetle Green.

Please advise. I'm so disheartened.

Comments (18)