SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
parma42

DR chairs delivered, now what? pic heavy

parma42
15 years ago

Our DR chairs were delivered this week. We love them and they're even comfortable. Thanks for the help, bella, and everyone else!

For those who don't know, I'm going for a very eclectic, European feel to this room and like woods that don't match.

Now that we have the chairs, I can get started on crown and window treatments. I'm still looking for something to put in the DR nook. It's about 61" wide. I saw this Drexel Chinoiserie piece on Ebay for $1,000. This week's CL had the identical one for $300. Whatcha all think? Too much? I kind of like the glitzy gold backing to it. I wanted something with a mirror in that space but maybe the brightness of this piece would accomplish the same thing.

Also, in the LR, the small table to the right will be replaced. I know they're out of favor, but because there are so many legs in that room now, I was thinking about a 30" round table covered in a cheetah or leopard skirt. I'd put a large plant on top. Done like that, would it still scream "old lady"?

I also know that with an open LR/DR that the window treatments should match but I'd really like something more special in the DR.

Am I breaking WAY too many rules? Love to hear all of your opinions!

TIA

Comments (31)