SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
laxsupermom

My New(to me) DR furniture & a Q(pic heavy)

laxsupermom
13 years ago

Thank you to everyone who helped me out with pricing my furniture 2 weeks ago when I asked for help here. I ended up posting it for $500 and didn't get a huge response, but all you need is one and a gentlemen paid the full price for the set. He actually just bought the Rice Mansion and it was exciting to know that the furniture would be going to a home where it would be loved.

He picked it up Wednesday and we ended up eating Thanksgiving dinner on a poker table and folding chairs, but that's a whole different story.

So DH's great aunt's furniture arrived here yesterday in all it's gorgeousness and I thought I should share it here where you all helped me with making room for it.

The table needs a bit of Restore a Finish for the top, but I love the brass feet. The table has 3 leaves total, though only 1 is in now and a full set of table pads.

The chairs have all different colored seats. The needlepoint is so pretty, but the seats are in poor shape so they need to be recovered.

The buffet is just gorgeous with those curved doors and bow front. It has a custom cut glass top.

The china cabinet also has that great curved front and I love the mullions.

While her china and silver went to auction, the lawyers people didn't empty out the drawers so we got the fun surprise of her embroidered vintage linens and about a million decks of cards - she was a sharp bridge player.

My MIL said that DH's great aunt would have loved that we got those things since I love to entertain with real napkins and DH and I are the only card players in the family.

DH bid on a few of her items at the auction and won her metronome which as a child he wasn't allowed to touch and we got these side tables that I always admired and are the extra tall height that work with my sofas.

So, if you're still with me, this is the question. I need to reupholster the chairs and found this toile that I absolutely love red-tagged for $4/yd. Should I replace the foam, too? Or can I reuse the foam and just add a layer of batting?

Comments (20)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm