SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
abctate_gw

New kitchen= check! (Pic heavy!)

abctate
11 years ago

Hi all! First of all I want to say I found GW after we had started our project. Now I am addicted! So many great ideas and suggestions. I love seeing other people's choices so I decided to add mine to the mix.

We have been in our home for 20 plus years. It was built by my husband's grandfather and has even been hit by a tornado once. The ground it sits on has been in our family for over 100 years. THIS is our forever home. We farm and have 3 boys so we have a very active home. Our new space had to be able to take the wear & tear and dirt & grime that come from farm life. As you can see in the pics we enclosed a porch and removed a kitchen bar area and removed a couple of walls. We moved into our garage the end of March and our contractor began work on April 1. (no April fools even!) We moved back in on June 1. We love it! It fits our family perfectly. One of the reasons we decided to remodel is we had no place to entertain. If people came over for a party we had to move furniture and set up tables in the living room. We have never had a table. We ate around the bar. When my son's girlfriend came into the picture we realized we had trouble sitting 6 comfortably. So we really wanted room for a table. Well, our space just did not allow it without getting rid of a living room. So we did the next best thing... a big a** island. We had 10 people around it the other night very comfortably. We gutted the kitchen and the fireplace room to the studs and rewired them completely. The plaster walls in the other LR stayed but we did repair them and then "orange peeled" the entire new space. We also had to relocate a door to our basement from the kitchen to a hallway. ALSO.. I have never had a dishwasher before! HEAVEN!

The details:

Perimeter Cabinets : Koch cabinets in Red Oak stained Brandy color. Soft close drawers and added soft close to doors after installed.

Perimeter Granite: India Copper Brown. (looks almost black)

Island Cabinets: Koch in Birch stained Java color.

Island Granite: White Delicatus

Sink: BLANCO DIAMOND 1-3/4 BOWL in Metallic Grey

Faucet: Delta Leland Single Handle Pull down

Frig: LG French door ..purchesed a couple years ago

Stove: LG.. again purchased a couple years ago

Microwave: new LG with ExtdaVent - LMHM2017ST

Dishwasher: new LG Steam LDF7932ST

Beverage frig: Danby Silhouette 5.0 Cubic Ft. Beverage Center - DBC2760BLS

Front door: ThermaTru Classic Craft (fiberglass)

Windows: Pella Designer Seriers with blinds

Kitchen flooring: Armstrong Alterna Mesa Stone : color Chocolate (grouted)

Carpet: Mohawk Longboat Key

Backsplash was from Home Depot

Pendant lights: Lowe's

Barstools: Ashley Naomi

Before....

fireplace room (before)

Living room (before)

from kitchen into living room front door in the middle of the two

front (before .. kinda during actually)

Holy smoke! looking into the kitchen from fireplace

NEW! front! (filled in the porch) I HEART the door!

bookcase in island. plug in are inside it!

Living room

the fireplace room

front door walks into the fireplace room now

I have lots of detail pics and "what's in my drawer" pics too! Thought I better not make this too pic heavy though. THANKS!

Comments (30)

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional