SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
neetsiepie

New Windows in, now what about WT pic heavy

neetsiepie
14 years ago

First, let me apologize for the photo. I took it while the sun is shining in thru the windows and the room is completely dark looking, but you can see the new windows anyway!

I put up wood blinds in a honey oak color, which matches the floor. The trim is black, but the windows are white framed. The walls are cranberry red.
{{!gwi}}From more kitchen

We like the blinds, but I still feel naked with the top open. No one can see in thru there, so privacy is not an issue, but I feel like I need curtains or fabric to soften it. I bought this fabric, the colors are perfect for the room...you can't see the red too well, but it's a match. What should I do with it? Make a valance? Cover the transoms or the blinds? I'm just not sure what to do, I was so desperate I thought I'd just drape it over the top on a rod!

This is taken from outside. You can see the windows better. We obviously need to paint! That's for a later post.

Should I go all the way across? Just on each window? This is what I had before putting up curtains (shows the window casings & wall color)

Again, bad photo, but this is what DH liked for WT...he likes privacy. This grew on me as it was soft, but I now kind of like the more contemporary look of the blinds but I still need color added.{{!gwi}}

Comment (1)