SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nhb22

My two new CL finds - Pic heavy :)

nhb22
14 years ago

For the last year, my daughter and I have been looking for a chest of drawers for her condo bedroom. Everything we have found either smells bad, is broken and in bad shape, or is the new heavy pressed board, with small drawer space.

This is what we found on CL last weekend. It is not too old that it is in bad shape, and not too new that it poorly made and has limited drawer space. The detail on this piece is beautiful!

"Listed for $150 is a unique deep rich Walnut wood, one of a kind and seldom seen, Walnut chest of drawers that has 6 dovetail drawers."

{{gwi:1888698}}

The chest is much larger in person than it looks in these photos. Here is the description of the chest from an email about them.

" It is stamped Dixie inside for the Dixie furniture

company (later bought by Lane.) It is all wood no

cardboard like the modern stuff so my best estimate is that

it was made around 1988 or 1989, somewhere in there. It

measures 48" high and 36" wide,19" deep. Do you want pics

of inside the drawers? Let me know and I'll send them. The

drawers are all wood and dovetailed so I know it is at least 20 years old or more and this is a well made piece of furniture. Let me know if i can assist you further. Thanks"

Here it is in it's new home! My daughter is extremely happy and has had many compliments from friends. I would have shown the whole bedroom, but my daughter had not made her bed. The room is very pretty and decorated to a tee!

{{gwi:1888699}}

OK, so the story doesn't end there. :)

While picking up the piece, I spied two end tables that I had seen listed (below is the actual CL listing) but was not interested in. However, the tables were good solid pieces and a slightly modern look to them. I thought my son could use them in his apartment, so I decided to buy them if the guy would come down in price (the pair was listed for $100.) He came off $25 dollars, so I got all three pieces of furniture for $225. I think I did pretty well.

Here they are in my foyer being shown off by "Vanna White" in a snoopish way. Danish modern? I think my late mother-in-law had some of these in a pecan finish. I don't know what happened to them, but I sure didn't want them because they were not my style. These however, have a gorgeous rich finish, beautiful detailing and are solid wood.

{{gwi:1600433}}

{{gwi:1888700}}

When we got the tables home, my daughter decided that she wanted them, if she could change the hardware (which she has not done yet and will probably never get around to it.)

In their new home:

{{gwi:1888701}}

{{gwi:1888702}}

Thanks for letting me share! I am so excited to have PhotoBucket back up!

http://tricities.craigslist.org/fuo/1484949047.html

Here is a link that might be useful: CL Walnut Tables

Comments (16)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH