SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dana1079

My CL find input?? Dining room table..paint now for DR?

dana1079
15 years ago

Hi all,

I'm new to the decorating forum but have been on the kitchen forum. I'm Almost finished with my remodeled kitchen and powder room and in the process sold my kitchen table and chairs on CL.

I wanted to turn our dining room BACK into a dining room downstairs (we had turned it into a home office) and move the office upstairs.

I have bought a few things off craigslist, and even got the best one free --my loving sweet crazy feity rough coated jack russell =)

Well....after looking over tons of dining room sets in stores and ones off craigslist I saw something I fell in love with...

*Note: My boyfriend says I walk into a store and am instantly drawn to the most expensive thing even though I have no idea of the price when I see it...

Well it was the dining table top. My bf is very very handy and I thought...heck table legs are not that hard and it's beautiful, but I may have someone make a base similar to the original..

I wanted a LARGE , more modern dining room table to fit with our mixture of contemporary/traditional mixture of tastes.

I went to meet the seller...and voila...low and below it was a FFDM table top! He must not have known because he sold it for 35 bucks!!! Not a scratch on it! They bought it then he realized he wasn't handy (they didn't like the base) and had it in storage in a spare room.

My only question...I am normally not drawn to more cherry finishes, I normally like dark walnut, mahogany...but it spoke to me when I saw its pic, and now i'm in love. My study/dining room to be is currently BM bittersweet (a dark mocha color). My living room is a taupe/tan (name???) and my Kitchen newly painted is BM lewisburg green which I LOVE! So any idea on a nice color to fit with the table in the dining room to create a good flow from the louisburg green?

Here's the table *has not been dusted yet*:

Ideas on wall color? Chairs? I'm thinking black leather parsons chairs with cherry legs? Too much? *glass insert of table is not pictured, just clear though*

Thanks for the input!

Dana

Comments (3)