SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alisande_gw

Do you organize your time?

alisande
16 years ago

My housekeeping has undergone a lot of improvements since I first came to this forum (although I've hardly achieved perfection!), but I haven't done anything about organizing my time until very recently. Like many "random housekeepers," I tend to be easily distracted, bouncing from one thing to another throughout the day unless I make a conscious effort to stick with a given task.

Finding myself without the prospect of employment that I'd been assured was a sure thing, I decided to go back to freelance writing. I've done it before, but more for fun and satisfaction than as a source of significant income. This time I need the money.

A friend who earns her living at home as an artist told me she's at her desk by 9:30 every morning, and puts in three or four hours of work. I figured I'd start with two hours and see what happened. What happened is that I feel more in control than I have been, and at the same time I have a greater sense of freedom. Just knowing I'm accomplishing things I've only toyed with in the past feels great, and carries over into other, home-related projects.

I expect to expand my schedule in increments, including paid assignments as they come up as well as non-writing tasks.

Anyone doing anything similar? How have you designed it?

Susan

Comments (10)