SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
runninginplace

Where/How to Keep a Calendar

runninginplace
19 years ago

I need to decide on this, SOON. For years I"ve kept my calendar together-work tasks, school PTA duties, personal appointments and birthdays etc-in one place, which is an academic year format (August-July instead of January-December) At at Glance day planner. It's worked well; generally I make preprinted labels just before school starts with all the things I know are coming, then add meetings and everything else that comes up.

But this summer I started using the calendar feature on my computer at work. It's the Microsoft thing, that works with MS Outlook/Exchange. It's very handy because of course I can check daily, it sends me a reminder, it's all right there on the computer etc.

I just don't know if I should move everything online, stay with paper, try to mix the two formats...????? I suspect having everything in one place is the most organized way, but going strictly online feels a little risky. I have a computer that accesses Outlook Express from home so theoretically I can check and add things anywhere. OTOH it's darn handy to keep that paper calendar when I'm out and about with PTA stuff and so on.

What do you folks do? My calendar/planner is my brain, by the way. If I don't have something I"m definitely sunk. And with the university starting classes today, and the kids going back tomorrow, I better get this one resolved SOON.

Ann

Comments (18)