SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
execassistant

Please critique my floor plan, trying agan

Debbie Laird
15 years ago

Please help me with my floor plan. My husband I have lived in this house since August. ItÂs a 30 yr old ranch with a view from every window. ItÂs just the two of us, and we will both be working in the kitchen. I have an island fixation, since I had one in the past and enjoyed the additional seating.

The first of a zillion plans included a peninsula. My real desire is a cook top in the island and built in oven/microwave, but IÂm afraid the cook top in the island may make the work triangle too congested.

Currently, the frig sits along the east wall, which some or all can be removed. This plan enlarges the opening to the dining area.

The sink is centered under the window for the view, and I donÂt want to move the kitchen any farther into the sitting area than the 15Â replicated. Past the sitting area to the left are steps to the finished basement; to the right is a half bath and the hallway to the bedrooms.

The groceries are brought in from garage/laundry room/outside entrance, which has a sliding pocket door. Extra storage is not a concern, as the laundry room is has more.

Traffic through the kitchen? Yes.

I tried to keep the MW close to the CD frig. Under the counter is not my first choice, but I donÂt want it over the range and I don't have room in an upper.

The 18" pantry was an after thought, someplace to store those monster cereal boxes close to the frig.

My concern with this plan is the 10' between the stove and the frig. Is an island considered part of a work triangle?

I am thinking about this kitchen every waking moment, at home, at work, driving, well, you know, and IÂm currently on kitchen over load!

Thank you for posting.

{{!gwi}}

Comments (4)