SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
manisha517

Please help me pick between these paint choices!

manisha517
16 years ago

Well, after trying every tan/cocoa/sage under the sun I am changing direction and going to the ivories to finish our family room & kitchen. We have a lot of color going on in the room between the camel sofa, olive and chocolate pillows and rug that pulls all of those colors together. So, I'm looking to "fade out" the walls so that the furnishings don't compete with them and the pretty greenery we have outside the window.

I have been learning all about color values and now realize that the walls need to be lighter or darker than the sofa to avoid a flat look. Darker is difficult in that room since we only get morning light and it is pretty shady throughout the day so lighter it is.

I have gorgeous silk drapes in a champagne/light gold that I'd love to have a slight contrast for a more of a refined, soft finish.

What do you think of the samples on the wall? they are:

Row 1 RL Oatmeal, DE Cream Wave

Row 2 DE Cochise, thin sliver of DE Exclusive Ivroy, BM Hush

Row 3 DE Exclusive Ivory, Behr Gobi Desert

Like any of these or should I go even lighter with Dunn Edwards Ball of String or Modern Ivory for more of a contrast with the drape?

One really strange phenomenon with the paint is that it tends to turn orange on the walls no matter what the true undertone is. So, I have been going grayer when looking at the paint chip since it turns warmer on the walls. Very weird.

Thanks for any guidance you can give me!

Comments (12)