SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
canarybird01

Sanitizing The Cart Handle ??? (pics)

16 years ago

While on holiday in Canada this summer I really had to do a double take in the entrance to a supermarket when I saw a woman cleaning off the handle of the supermarket grocery cart. I know we've heard how supermarket carriage handles are covered in nasty germs (!) as are many other places, but I didn't think the phobia had gone so far as to prompt the supermarket heads into providing handle wiper-offers for those wishing to use a pushcart rather than a small over-the-arm basket.

When I mentioned this to my other daughter who came to visit, she told me she had seen these sanitation stations for a long time at supermarkets where she shopped in Calgary.

Not to seem contrary to this new custom, after that I diligently wiped off my hands and the cart handle every time I went to that supermarket....and felt so clean as I walked around doing my shopping!

I'm waiting to see these sanitation stations appearing at the top of every escalator....(you touched the railing right?)....or at every elevator door...(you pushed that button?)

Do you have this unusual service in your local supermarkets? :-) Needless to say I think it will be a long time coming to Spain!

SharonCb

Comments (53)