SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jbreits

Aerators and Pull Carts

jbreits
15 years ago

Looking to purchase an aerator and pull cart for my new Husqvarna YTH2348 (which I bought after the advice from this forum). Just wondering what peoples' opinions are on these attachments.

For the aerators, I have it down to the 40" Agri-Fab and the 40" Brinly. I also considered the spring-loaded 42" Craftsman, but seems like it's overly complex and not worth the extra $100. I also decided to stay with 40" instead of 48" so it stores easier and isn't as much strain on the tractor.

Between the two, there aren't many differences. Here's what I've found and was wondering if any of these would make a difference performance wise:

- The lift handle on the Brinly leans backward which makes it unreachable from the seat and probably takes up more storage space.

- The Brinly appears to have solid wheels while the Agri-Fab has pneumatic.

- The Brinly has two pull arms that attach to the latch while the Agri-Fab only has one.

- I have read some people feel the Brinly is constructed better.

- Also wonder if there are any differences in the tines that would cause differences in the plugs. The Brinly website only says 2" depth but other sites say 3" for both.

As for the pull carts, what are you opinions on steel vs poly? I kind of like the poly features of no rust, quieter use, and the ability to use it like a wheel barrow if needed, but I'm not sure about durability.

Thanks,

JBreits

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!