SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sally_grower

Thanks for the recipe...Orange Coconut Cake

sally_grower
13 years ago

I made this cake yesterday and wanted to thank the person who posted the recipe, I somehow didn't copy who posted it.

It is really very good and easy to make. I had to take half to a cook-out and keep half for home, so I just made it in 2 8x8 pans and frosted the top. It worked fine and was a big hit. Thanks again!

ORANGE COCONUT CAKE

1 box Duncan Hines golden butter cake mix

1 can mandarin oranges, including any liquid in the can (11-oz.)

4 eggs

1/ 2 cup cooking oil like Crisco oil

Mix together in a large bowl and beat with mixer until oranges have broken up and are distributed through batter, about 4-5 minutes, scraping sides of bowl. Divide batter evenly into 3 greased round cake pans and bake at 325 degrees 20-35 minutes or until done. Remove from oven and set aside on racks to cool.

1 (20 oz.) can crushed pineapple with juice

1 small package INSTANT lemon pudding mix

1 (7 oz.) package sweetened flaked coconut

1 (8-10 oz.) container of Cool Whip (can use low fat but not the fat free)

Mix pineapple and pudding mix until smooth in large bowl. Add coconut and mix. Blend in cool whip gently but thoroughly.

Assemble cake, spreading a lot of cool whip mixture between layers. Frost sides and top. Chill overnight in the refrigerator. Notes: finished cake can be frozen and then defrosted in the refrigerator. You can also bake it in two pans; just increase the cooking time.

Comments (2)