SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
leahwalker_gw

Please help me put *something* above my dining table

leahwalker
16 years ago

My kitchen is my current project. It's being primed for paint as I post. I can't WAIT. I don't have any pictures (and can't go take any, painters would kill me)... but I will try to describe as best I can and will post some ASAP.

One long length of my table has a whole wall backdrop, table is a 6-seater so... 60 something" long. Lots of wall behind it. My colors are earthy. I just had some deep olive/army green panels made. The wall color (pending any last minute changes) is going to be Benjamin Moore Navajo White. Cabinetry is medium-toned oak (yuck), back knobs/pulls and appliances, black pot rack over the island, neutral cream flooring. The great room shares a wall with this room and it is done with lots of deep rust orange, cream, olive green, mustard yellow... distressed "leather" couches, iron, pine, etc.

My table is a very standard Mexican rustic with coordinatong chairs, like this one (but mine is much heftier):

{{!gwi}}

Aside from the table and the panels, I'm open. I do have hooks in place for three 16 pt stars that hang in the corner to the side of the table, but I can always relocate those if needed. I also have a hammered, aged copper vase that I usually keep as a centerpiece.

So please please forgive my quick photoshopping and lack of rael pictures, but here are some options (copper vase is a mockup what I currently have, and do like). Do you think any of these would work? Am I headed in the wrong direction?

This is probably my first choice, but I'm afraid I'm getting a bit too monochromatic. I could use some sconces/candles on either side of the print, and matting/framing, to bring out the cream, orange and/or blue in the print.

{{!gwi}}

I like the colors in this print, but it reads a little country (like oil lamps and gingham country) - I'm not sure why, but would not be opposed to looking at it every day. :)

{{!gwi}}

I'm not sure this print works, but I have it on-hand.

{{!gwi}}

I have several non-art things I could hang, but I think I need a print/canvas to add some color.

Comments (12)