SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_238962232

Please help me choose the right fixtures for my kitchen/dining room?

HU-238962232
4 years ago

My kitchen is not finished yet, still some things to do but I'm having a real hard time finding lights. Every direction I go, I get lost. My ceilings are 8ft so I know I'm limited. I don't want clear glass and I would like only 2 pendants above my island since the dining light is close and I will need a light above the stairs that are also in the same room. I bought the light fixture above for the island but I think they may be too small? They are only 11.5 inches wide and it came with a 6" or 12" rod...the 12 is too long? Trying to pick the dining room light to go with the above light is so hard. I was thinking pewter or iron for the dining room? Maybe with a shade? Return the lights above and get ?? I do plan on putting curtains up. The stools above are what I ordered and I have 3 coming. My island is 10ft long and I'm going with a quartz countertop called white cloud. It's a very light light grey with a cream vein going through it. I'm definitely not a pro and I've made some mistakes along the way that I can't change but really don't want to mess up with the lights and this is why I'm asking for help. I would really appreciate some recommendations. Thanks so much!!!

P.S. I'm keeping the dining room table and just re-staining it, too much red. I'm also getting rid of the dining room chairs to something more simple.

Thanks again!!!

Comments (21)