SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
girlsingardens

Forgot TGIF 7-31-08 (busy week everyone???)

girlsingardens
15 years ago

Just up since our 5 year old woke us up after a bad dream and he/she inside me decided to start kicking my bladder and then I got hungry. Started reading posts and realized we must all be busy canning, staying cool ( 110 heat index here tomorrow), getting ready to go back to school ( ick) or on vacation:)

We don't have much going on. I entered 35 different herbs from my garden and also the selected tons of flowers from my garden to show at the county fair booth. I wasn't up to going through the canning closet to find things to enter so didn't put any of those in. Woke up this morning to find a brown grocery bag full of burpless cukes and one of the secretaries sent home with dh more cukes and green peppers. I have a bushel of apples I picked from a neighbor to get made into applesauce for the new baby to come, but not when it has been over 100 for two days and is expected to be that way through Monday, with high humidity.

We have a family reunion on Sunday to go to, the 75th annual one and they decided it would be the last. I think it is a shame to give it up after so many years. Tomorrow is my hometown's city wide garage sales, but the thought of pushing a double stroller around in that heat and humidity wears me out thinking about it.

DH update, the blood sugar counts have been going down and staying around 120 but with 12 pills a day is tough on DH who would rather chew on a nail then take meds. In fact he has 43 sick days built up after only 5 years so gets paid extra each month because he loses 3 sick days a month because he is at the limit. He doesn't get sick much and this is hard on him. That and the stress of it being an ongoing thing and that it is something he will have to watch the rest of his life. His intestines aren't infected nor no sign of Crone's disease, they look normal, still have the gallstones but they are small and not irritating the gallbladder and the hernia is there but only an inch long so they have decided against surgery because of the risks from complications of the diabetes that still isn't under control.

So all in all a crazy week at this house, cooped up because I can't stand the heat and the girls and Hayden are too young to be out for long, I never thought that I would say I can't wait for snow:)

Stacie

girlsingardens

Comments (6)