SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pkramer60

tgif - 6.6.08

pkramer60
15 years ago

And so far it is a good Friday! I have been awake since 4 a.m., and in the garden since 5. I have been greeted by peonies in full bloom, a hummingbird feeding right next to me on some blue salvias and Momma racoon and her 4 babies passing through. Weekend forecast is for low 90's with storms but I hope they are wrong as I have freinds for a BBQ on Saturday and an outdoor koi auction on Sunday.

And the bathroom remodel is DONE! Now I can clean up all the dust and take some photos for you as requested.

Have a great weekend everyone and if you are in the path of these storms, stay safe.

Comments (7)

• susie_que
    15 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Ooops...I started a tgif thread too...GMTA!!!

well I will copy and paste here and let the moderators delete my thread.

Happy Friday and Happy Graduation to all our forum friends attending graduations and grad parties!
    Today is supposed to begin a heat wave here in Philly! High 90's for the next few days!
    YIKES!!!

Its so nice out now...just came in for another little cup of joe. I was out admiring the handy work of a few wayward teens. They were bored I guess and they decided it would be so much fun to try to rip down the neighbors railroad tie retaining wall, What they could not rip down they wrote all over with sharpies. I was at work so I did not see anything but I know who it was....there is a bad element here-I suppose most blocks have some sort of problems like this.
    I think it may be time to take over the block captain job again-the lady who took over for me is not doing a good job-in fact one of her kids is involved with the bad element.

On another note...today is Drews last exam. He has short days next week and done on Friday. I will be SO happy to see this year end!! I didn't post too much about it but its been a terrible year for Drew. He just didn't seem to adjust to high school life and my one time honor student is barely passing. Frank and I have been pulling our hair out trying to help him but he is just not motivated. Hopefully after having summer off he'll start 10th grade with a better attitude!

Amy and I will hit the gym while he takes his last 2 tests.
    I am going to try to get my hair cut today too.
    My "girl" has gone out on early maternity leave so for this cut I may just go to a hair cuttery type place for a trim.
    Her baby is due in July so I'll have to have another trim befor she returns in Sept-Oct.
    Tonight I was invited to see my co-worker off to his prom.
    A co workers prom you ask??
    Yes a prom! Theres a young boy who is really a cool kid. Turn out he is Charles BEST friend!! so my co worker is taking Charles sister (my great step neice) to the prom!!
    Charles does not want to go-more on that later.

After that I was invited to a jewelry demonstration. I do not wear a lot of jewelry but I'll go and see...maybe I will get a jump start on holiday shopping??

Tomorrow I have to work early but I also get done early which is good as its the block clean up and I need to be here LOL!! Someone has to talk some sense into these people! LOL!! No really the block needs a good cleaning and we as a community have to work together to make this a safe neighborhood.
    Tomorrow night Frank and I are going out to dinner...nothing to celebrate really, well maybe celebrate just getting thru the past year LOL!!

Sunday is Pocono Race day. The guys get up before the crack of dawn and set up camp on the infield of the Pocono Racetrack and watch the race. I went once and vowed to never go again!! LOL Its LOUD!! However I do help him get ready so he doesn't forget anything.

I will no doubt have to work but I will treat myself to something sinful for dinner!! Maybe get some crabs and go to my moms and pig out!!

CLINK to my forum friends and cheers to a happy weekend!!

Cheers!
    Susie

• wizardnm
    15 years ago

Peppi, I'm with you on appreciating the flowers and early morning activities in the garden. I'm collecting ideas for a new bathroom here, can't wait to see your pictures.

Susie, it's hard to go to someone new to get your hair cut, hope it turns out how you want it. I've been calling my gal for 2 weeks, she does hair out of her home, so far have not been able to connect. I'm ready for a summer cut!

I'm working today, but not this weekend. Yippeeeee! the forecast is for hot weather here too. There has not been much lake activity around here yet as the water has been pretty cold....maybe it will warm up now. I was thinking about ordering some new dock sections, but put it off because of the cold....not to mention the expense.

The Mallard ducks are on their nests, there should be babies soon, I love to see them on the lake, all the babies in a line following mama learning what to feed on. I'll try for pictures when I see them.

A big *clink* to all when I get home tonight!

Nancy

• canarybird01
    15 years ago

Wow Peppi....in the garden since 5 am ?????? Oh my gosh...I gather it must be daylight there at that time! You really are a go-getter to be in the garden so early. Here it is still pitch black until about 7:45 am....(being nearer the equator has its effects). But I would have loved to see your momma raccoon and babies as well as the early hummingbird. Looking forward to your bathroom pics and hope the weather stays good for your weekend events.

Susie good luck to Drew with his exams. I'm sure you'll be breathing a sigh of relief when his school year is over and he can perhaps become motivated again over the summer. Have a good dinner tomorrow and a good weekend!

Nancy I hope your weather warms up and you also have a good weekend. I'd love to see your photos of the ducks when the babies come!

I'm just back from Pilates and we're going in a few minutes in the car to take a few things to the recycle dump for newspapers, bottles, cardboard and tins. Although we have a twice weekly household rubbish collection at the door, they don't separate the recycle stuff and so we have to take them to a neighbourhood site where they have large separate bins for each type of container/paper/glass. Then we'll drive to a little patio restaurant for lunch. Lovely warm weather here but a little humid. I made the mistake of wearing polyester T-shirt and pants to the gym this morning and I was so hot and sticky.....like being in a sauna. It's hard sometimes to find 100% cotton sports garments here. That's the only comfortable thing to wear in warm weather I find.

I must get working more in the garden this weekend too.
    I'll clink to all with my glass of fizzy water and later with wine! Happy Friday!

SharonCb

• lindac
    15 years ago

It was a short night here....scarcely in bed by 4 ...
    Nasty storms!! There was a tornado sighted that was heading directly for me! They were following it on the doppler radar and were saying things like just crossing, this highway....and finally the sirens went off and I grabbed chabby and a flash light....turned up the TV loud and headed for the basement......any how...the tornado missed me and eventually I went to bed but kept an ear to the weather so didn't sleep well.
    Tonight is Dancerecitalfromhell....this will be the 15th year Missy Meg has danced in it. Don't know how many numbers she is in...but for sure the finale...so I will stay the night at Becky's...."and my little dog too"...to quote the witch in Wizard of Oz....which I am feeling more and more like lately!
    There is a mob scene out door party Saturday night...but I may just skip that as I have lots of errands I need to run.
    Today is supposed to be dry....but tomorrow it's supposed to storm again....and we are already floating! Egrets in the corn fields,...rivers overflow, carrying some fish with the water and the egrets find them easy pickins, city streets blocked off because of flooding etc....
    Clink with my coffee!
    Linda C

• caliloo
    15 years ago

Clinking with coffee for now and something much more interesting later.

Peppi - you go girl! I was pulling weeds at 6 AM and I thought I had an early start LOL! The peonies are just about done here but I still have a few hanging on. THe roses are just starting and I even saw a few daylily scapes - way early for them here I think.

Susie - strength to you dear. I do hope Drew has an awakening this summer - it is so hard when the hormones are raging and they can't focus on anything for more than 30 seconds to hlp them realize that grades now are more important than ever. Also - good luck with the bolck Captain, I hate to hear that kids are being destructive rather than respectful of others property or even helpful and trying to make things better. We have a family that fits that description too - their kids rip out all the plants my neighbors and I put in to the cul de sac greenspace and the parents response is that their kids have as much right to "play" there as everyone else. GGGrrrr.

Nancy enjoy your weekend off - and I hope the water warms up for you.

Sharon enjoy your lunch out and stay cool!

Linda - I am so glad you and Chabby are safe. Take it easy, snooze through the recital and relax. Sounds liek it was a very stressful night!

As Susie mentioned, it is going to be ugly outside here this weekend - hot, hazy, humid with unsafe ozone levels so outdoor activities are curtailed in many cases. DS#2 has a baseball game at 2 on Saturday - I will be hard pressed to make him go since he is having some breathing issues right now. It may be just heading for the pool for a short cool down on Sat and SSun.

Tomorrow we are beginning the search for a new vehicle. My 10 yo Durango is starting to show it's age and add to that it is only getting 11 MPG we are looking to replace it. I will be asking for opinions on the Conv side once we begin to narrow the choices. I am leaning towards a cross-over type vehicle, but DH thinks we should get a mini-van (cringe).

I hope everyone has a happy and safe weekend - and I will definitely be clinking later!

Alexa

• annie1992
    15 years ago

Clink to everyone, and happy Friday.

See, Peppi, that's why I plant my garden at the farm, so I don't feel that I need to get up at 5 a.m. to work in the garden before I go to work, LOL. Still, I've got hoeing and mulching to do this weekend, and Makayla planted her first garden of her own this year, so I told her I'd help there too.

Nancy, it's northern Michigan, LOL, the water isn't going to be warm for a little while yet. That's why docks are nice, you can walk out "into the water" without actually getting into the water. (grin) Still, with these temps, it'll get warm up there fast.

Susie, good luck to Drew on those finals. I hope he can buckle down next year and do better, that first year of high school is just a killer for some kids, much like the first year of college is for others.

Sharon, sunrise was officially at 6:03 this morning, but i starts getting "light" before actual sunrise. Right now it's 80 here, headed for 90, humidity is about 80% and the dewpoint just keeps going up. The only way to garden comfortably at all is early or late. And it just froze my tomato plants a week and a half ago, go figure!

LindaC, we had some big crashing thunderstorms, but no tornados, thankfully. I agree with Alexa, sleep through the recital and wake up on time to see the finale!

Alexa, if the son misses a game, then he does, I think being careful with his health is more important. As for that Durango, good luck. Lots of SUVs are being dumped into the used car market now as people who didn't really NEED them in the first place figure out what it's gonna cost them now that gas is up. My Jeep only gets 16 MPG, but I only drive it once a week, LOL, it's a 2000 and has 52,600 miles on it! It'll last me another decade, or more and Elery and I will be getting a much, much smaller vehicle for that 3 hour commute on weekends.

So, what's up for the weekend? It's Ashley's birthday today, so we had cake for breakfast. Dark chocolate with peanut butter filling, so at least we got a bit of protein. (grin) Tonight about 20 of us are going to Applebee's for her birthday supper, including Amanda and Dave who are out without the kids because Dave's sister (who has no children) is taking the Princess and Bruvver, cousin Kaelynn (age 4), cousin Linsey (yes, the little heart patient with Down Syndrome, age 3), cousin Tommy (age 6) and cousin Riley (age 4). Best of luck to her. (snicker)

Tomorrow I want to rrepair my pool fence, go to the farm and see if the potatoes are up enough to mulch them, help Makayla with her garden. It's supposed to be 90 today but cooler tomorrow, although there's a 50% chance of rain. Hey, at 80F I don't care, I'll garden in the rain!

Sunday I leave for a week in Lansing for computer training, and next weekend Elery's sister and BIL are coming from Tennessee to visit. The following weekend is his family "wedding dinner" in Ohio. It's gonna be a busy couple of weeks.

Clinking with my cup of Irish Breakfast tea.....

Annie

• bunnyman
    15 years ago

I could and should work this weekend but don't see it happening. It rained this week so I'll be mowing the lawn if possible... more rain predicted and sorely needed. Yesterday's downpour has already dried up. Don't know where the water is going but the ground is bone dry again.

Sharon silk is a wonderful natural fiber that makes comfortable summer clothing. Perhaps an option if you can't find cotton items? Given the choice I'll take sandwashed silk over cotton any day. Even when I'm not in drag I'll wear silk blouses around town. Few people make the dull sandwashed as a female garment.

Arrgh... can I get away with calling into work? I don't want to go today. Could tell my boss I got very drunk and I'm hung over... he would understand that. I so hate being a "good" employee... really not worth it.

: )
    lyra

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths