SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tntwalter

Please Please help me decorate my great room...need to order furn

tntwalter
14 years ago

iture ASAP.

This is long and rambling and I appreciate any help!

It's a good sized room.

The French door leads to the side of the wrap around porch. It's a step down from the entry way. The peek-a-boo window leads into the kitchen.

I normally don't have the drapes closed. They're silk and a pretty red not the purple pink that shows in pics. I need to lower them [on my long list of things to do].

I love my corner with 2 red chairs and painting. I think that's the best place for the piano? I have 2 kids that play it and it's a family heirloom [having it refinished is on my list].

The other side of the room is my dilemna. I love the antique bookcase...probably need baskets or something to clean it up but it's quite useful.

I had a designer come and suggest 2 new couches, couches not couch and loveseat because the price difference is minimal and you get more seating with couch, fabric not leather, with semi-attached cusions and a large area rug. She thought the square coffee table was fine and didn't say anything about the entertainment center that I remember...we were going through the kitchen mostly and the family room was a quickie run through...

She recommended fabric because I already had the 2 red leather chairs and she wanted to balance them or whatever.

I've seen many couches but I'm just concerned about clean up. Our current couch and big chair are custom slipcovers and I take them off to wash enough that I wonder how on earth I'll deal with not being able to wash....3 kids.

then I fell in LOVE with Larry...which is NOT fabric but a rich dark brown leather....can I add fluffy pillows and a throw?

I have no idea what kind of rug to get...I don't know how to decorate the mantle. I'm just ready for a nicer look. We are mix of old and new furniture and I would say kindof country but not too much. Better homes meets country living is my goal. Less elegant and more chill. It's a victorian house if that matters, built in 1983. We've been remodeling the #@# out of it for the last 9 years....

Thanks so much for any help!!

Oh and I'm leaning towards more of a rectangle coffee table and thinking of one of those long consoles for tv to sit on and hidden doors for the wii, stereo, etc....or is the current unit ok?

The coffee table is really beat up so that will go in the new rec room.

Tell me what you love and hate etc.

We've painted the walls porter salem gold and put the oak flooring in so don't want to change those. And I dig the fireplace [not nec. the brass but what can you do] and the beams.

And how do I arrange what I get?

Thanks!!!

TRISH

Comments (21)

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH