SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
coops905

Most realistic wood look tile

last month

I know this is a trend that has mostly died, so don’t worry - I am not super vested in this idea. We have to replace flooring throughout our midcentury Florida home. Our second story is nothing but our primary bedroom suite. To contrast with terrazzo tile on the main floor, we were thinking of hardwood in the upstairs bedroom. There are a few reasons that using a wood look tile would be preferred: first, we are in Florida, so tile is always your best bet. Second, the space is not huge, and if we used tile, we could continue it in the bathroom and covered lanai. Conversely, if we used real wood, both those spaces would need to use a different tile - and I am well aware you should never put wood look tile against real wood. Which means bathroom and lanai would have to be something completely different than wood. Which would be a choppier look than the consistency of using one material throughout.

I also know wood look tile mostly looks terrible lol. But curious if there are a few brands that have withstood the test of time, that look pretty darn close to real wood, that have varied plank lengths and enough variation in plank pattern. Any suggestions, or should I move past this idea?

Comments (11)