SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
plumbly22

bosch 500 service call today...

plumbly22
16 years ago

First, let me remind you all , I love this machine... and it is only about 17 months old...

Sunday night I noticed that on the "regular" cycles, the drain function was making awful noise (I could hear it in my kitchen, when it is next to my bedroom, and I ususally run a l oad at night and NEVER hear it...) and then it would NOT go into a full spin... I was able to drain and spin with those settings themselves, and then I did "quick wash" to rinse out what I was doing and the drain and spin worked fine on that wash load.

Then I tried another load, this time on sanitize... same thing with the awful noise and then no spin out... so I drained and spun out separately, took the wet towels out and tossed them in the bathtub, and then called the Lowe's 888 service advantage number (my first call there ever)

It took a bit of time for them to set up my account... but once we were done, the woman quized me a bit on the problem and set up service for Tuesday (today), I would get a call from the servicer with a time, she took 2 numbers for me (I was going to be gone all day Monday) and she gave me the service company name and number "just in case" I needed to reach them for some reason.

Then she 'quized' me a bit about my 'habits' with the machine... did I know to leave the door open a crack? wipe out the gasket? use HE soap? what other problems if any was I having with the FL conecpt... told her I had this all 'under control' thanks to this site!

I returned home to a message that the repair person would arrive between 11 and 1 today and IF that was inconvient to call and let them know and they would move it.

Repair guy showed up about 10:30, I explained what was wrong and his first question was have I tried to open the round cover and clean out the pump? wll gee guys I asked how to do that on this site and BoschChris very clearly told me not to touch that... so I told him that. He disagreed and shoed me how to get it open. BTW... there is a manual release for the door lock should the door ever stay locked and you need to get your laundry out in there too. I also asked him about that little triangle piece that had broken off from inside the front edge of the drum... he said he could and would replace it if I want but that from his perspective it's a useless part (I also asked about that here and never got a reply back from BoschChris... but others replied theirs had broken and it didn't seem to effect anything... We left that alone.

I also asked him if there was and easy way to get the front off the dryer to vacumm out below the lint filter, where at least in my machine a lot of ka ka seems to collect outside the reach of my vacumm extension. He basically said not without taking off the whole front, including the control pad, and he'd recommend against me doing that... just pull it out and come at it from the back if I want to...

Here comes my "kicker" I had company when he arrived so I did not "stay" with him... He cleaned out the pump (not really much in there he said) and then he got it to fill, drain, and spin just fine so he said he was done, had me sign, and left.

I then put in a load of wash to see how it was... set in on 'regular/warm' and let it go... first drain/spin comes along and the pump is still wicked noisey... took over 5 minutes befor it finally went into spin, took about 3 mintues at a "washing" spin speed and then it slowly worked it's way up to full spin... did this for the entire wash every time it hit the drain/spin parts...

So, I pick up the phone and call the service provider and leave a message to come back it's not right. I hear back form the guy, he asks what it's doing and then says... ok, I'm going to order a new pump, a new motor(?) for the spin and a controller(?) for the spin, they should be in befor the end of the week and then I'll plan to be there hopefully Thursday or Friday.... Well I work Wed, Thurs and Fri, so I tell him just get them and come on Monday, let me know if for some reason that doesn't work for you...

My machine is working now, it just sounds like hell during the drain which is taking longer than normal...

I'll update you all after he is back, BUT I am reasonably pleased with the results of the call, even if it ends up taking two visits, which it would have if he had said I need to order these parts right up front... 2 days to get parts... not really that long, I figure he places the order when her returns to the shop today, it arrives tomorrow or Thursday and he would have been here Thurs or Fri that means the parts are within fed ex range... works for me...

I did call Lowes back to say there was a problem and they told me I didn't have to work through them still, just with the provider, so that was fine...

Time will tell...

Jane

Comments (12)