SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bigdogmom_pa

My new Bosch Vision 500 review

bigdogmom_pa
13 years ago

Hi all,

I have my 3rd load in process. I'm trying different cycles for each load so I can see what they do and how they work. I will update this review in a week or two if things change.

First of all, the water level seems better than I was picturing. When the machine pauses as it changes direction, you can see the water come up to the level of the seal.

I tried the pause function on this current load (cotton warm) interesting to note that it restarted the timer, so the wash is taking longer than what it said initially. I found this with the dryer as well. In both cases, I paused so that I could check the temps going on in the machines. However, the dryer at the end, made a huge leap downward in time, so the senors seem to be working. the washer however, just extended the wash time portion of the cycle as that is when I paused it. And yes the clothes felt warm, so the heater is working. I will have to call customer service about this as it does not mention that in the manual.

As for rinses. In both the quick full, and the delicate cycle there are 3 rinses. There is a very good spin after the wash portion and between each of the rinses. During the Cotton warm, there were two rinses, both about 10 min each or so. Didn't really time them.

The dryer is not reverse tumble as I had thought, but so far, no tangled clothing and things come out very smooth. Both a dress shirt and a flannel shirt done in different loads just will need a little touch up with the iron. There are no wrinkles.

The quick full cycle stated 45 min to start, but seemed to miss the final spin so it was done in closer to 30 min. I then did a drain an spin to spin it better. Not sure what was up with that and I will try that load again next time when I have lightly soiled clothes and make sure it was just maybe not balanced enough. If it skips it again, I will call about service. While it is nice to get a quick load in, I don't want it to lose the final spin or the drying will take longer.

The dryer seems to work well. As stated, wrinkling for now seems non-existant. I have not done a jeans load yet or sheets. Those two seem most prone to wrinkling and tangling if it's going to happen.

The washer does seem very picky about a good balance for the final spin. Right now it's on it's 4th try with this load, hoping this one takes. That leads me to believe the issue w/the quick load was just that.

Oh and things are coming out of the dryer nice and soft. Only Persil used in the wash, no softener.

Fire away with any questions and I'll do my best to answer them.

Next up Sanitary w/my whites.

Comments (15)