SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kristin42_gw

Mudroom/laundry room plans

kristin42
14 years ago

These are the plans for the laundry room and mudroom off of the back our our house, which will lead to the pool. I am stressing over the most efficient use of these spaces, but I still want them to look good. I have removed the outer door to the mudroom, which will now be accessed thru the laundry room. That way I can use more of the wall perimeter in that room for a mudroom bench and cubbies. In addition I want a tall cabinet for storing the vacuum and brooms and another cabinet for my wrapping paper. The mudroom leads directly into our kitchen. If I have room in there I may paint a magnetic board on one of the walls for my magnets as they won't be sticking to my fridge anymore. There will be a skylight for natural light.

In the laundry room, I have front loading washer/dryers. I will have a 30" deep by 8' wide counter on that side. There will be a step down in height between the washer/dryer and the counter over some cabinets. I want the cabinets to hold several laundry baskets for sorting etc. It's above that counter that I am very confused. I need a place to hang clothes for drying, but I don't want it to be out in the open all of the time.

Please let me know if you have suggestions.

Comments (3)