SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
local_eater

Laundry&Powder Room&Mudroom Oh My

localeater
10 years ago

I am just coming off of a kitchen remodel, it's done except for the backsplash and some accessories. My next project will be to deal with my 1st floor powder room/laundry room.
It is a nice size space right off of the kitchen. This is the current layout.

From GW Photos

The main entry to our house is through the small area marked 'unheated space' it is basically an airlock. This is cold Maine and the double door area keeps the cold air at bay. In the spring summer and fall we can kick our shoes off in that area and they get stowed in a bench. Backpacks, jackets and other things get left here. In the winter however shoes can not be left in this area. They will freeze to the floor and be way too icy to put feet into. I really need more 'mudroom' space.
I do not want to add sq feet to my house, I do not want to move windows or doors. I don't mind moving interior walls as none in question are load bearing. I also do not like having my laundry room and 1st floor powder room combined. I am hesitant to give up my utility sink. I can move my laundry area to the basement. I will live in this house for at least 5 more years but I will move in 5 - 10 years- this is not my forever house. I have some ideas but I don't want to stifle your collective creative genius. I have given you my needs and my restrictions. WWYD?

Comments (17)