SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
igloochic

Please help me with this sitting area off the master ????

igloochic
14 years ago

Hi lovely ladies and gentlemen. I am still trying to settle into our place and the master suite is the tweeking room of the week. We moved the main bedroom around a bit (limited by wall placement and a large fireplace) and it's finally comfy. In that room (not pictured here) we have a small sofa at the end of the bed and two wing chairs with ottoman's for seating. I share that with you because I want to explain why we have what we have in this area :)

So then we have the sitting parlor. I moved the fainting couch out there because it's a nice place for a nap and wonderful to enjoy the view from> The kitty and dog like to lay on it in the sunshine as well :)

I have to use this area for a few functions. First, during the summer the two windows on the corner are actually doors to the deck so we need access. The horrible draperies (I hate valances sorry LOL) will be replaced with long drapes that are pulled back. But at this point I haven't made those yet, so try to imagine them...linen in the summer and silk in the winter. The bathroom is a typical victorian (small and no where to get make up on etc) so the dressing table in this area is essential. On the back wall by the hall door there is a stand up mirror which will be moved (I can't do it alone because of the weight). I'm going to move in a sofa type table that will sit on that wall and hold my tool box (jewelry) and other little nick nacks in nice boxes so that it looks pretty. I'm toying with one other chair in the area....but can't figure out orientation.

The walls will eventually be papered in bradbury papers, but for now I'm going to paint and I'm going bold...a deep peacock green or rich burgundy most likely. The gold is a bit insipid against the master furniture and fireplace.

I have art and will add it when the room is arranged...all kinds of oil paintings and things are up in the attic. Probably something soft, floral in nature, etc.

So here's a few pics, with the chair in the window (don't like it there) and without....I have all kinds of furniture so if you think of something that might make more sense I can probably find it and give it a try, so let your imagination roam...what would you do with this area???

Ohhh sorry, iphone pics because my camera is missing (DS probably has his trains posed somewhere with the camera watching them...)

Picture taken from the hall entry:

{{gwi:1559014}}

{{gwi:1559015}}

from back corner of room:

{{gwi:1559016}}

from bedroom entry (wide entry)

{{gwi:1559017}}

{{gwi:1559018}}

The back corner:

{{gwi:1559019}}

{{gwi:1559020}}

Comments (16)