SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
swarmina

Moving to Philadelphia area--off topic help please

swarmina
16 years ago

I am in the process of moving with my family to the Philadelphia area. We have been in Asheville, NC for several years and I am very sad to leave. My husband was in the military until we got to Asheville and I hoped our moving days were over! He now will be working at CHOP in a job he adores, so that should make me happy, but my heart is still so sad. Can you please give me some pros and cons to living there, any suggestions, and also ideas of towns that have good schools for my middle school and pre-K daughters? I obviously love to garden and am hoping that will help me connect, but am worried about what I foresee as more severe weather/conditions and probably high price for any appreciable space. We have been looking up there a few weeks ago and found a few houses we liked -- Jenkintown is the one we liked the best and the public school seems very nice and interesting (why the heck are private schools so crazy priced?), also Rydal, Berwyn, Bala Cynwyd were a few others. Can anyone help me out with any info? A nice walkable downtown would be great... Safe. Friendly. Am I looking for Oz??? Thanks for any help!

Best, Sheila

Comments (25)

Sponsored