SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
arabellamiller

Please help me with the menu for my graduation party

arabellamiller
11 years ago

I'm only a few weeks away from graduation. It's been a long few years, particularly this past year which has been full time supervised practice and school. I'd like to have a party to thank my friends who have been so wonderfully supportive and helpful the past few years. There were many times I wanted to quit and my girlfriends really held me up and encouraged me. My husband has already been so fantastic, I don't want to give him too much work.

The graduation ceremony is from 5 - 7pm with a small catered reception, so people who come to the ceremony won't be starving when they get to my house. I live about 40 minutes from the university, so I'm not expecting everyone who comes to my home to come to the ceremony. Right now I think about 10 people will be at the ceremony and about 30 at my house. I'm not worried about the bar, we definitely have that covered! We keep kosher, so no meat but fish and dairy are ok. I'm thinking some sushi platters, some salads, some desserts... any other suggestions? I may have a friend's teenage daughters come to my house to set things up while we are at the ceremony, but it would need to be simple stuff.

I'd love to hear your thoughts and ideas on how to make this a special night.

Here is a link that might be useful: catering menu

Comments (15)