SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
acomom_gw

Whirlpool Duet on 2nd floor - pedestals?

acomom
16 years ago

Hi all,

After doing a bit of research and combing through lots of posts here, I think I've decided to buy the Whirlpool Duet HTs (9400 series) to replace my old, ailing w/d. I looked at them in person today and they seem just fine. I asked the salesperson whether he'd have any concerns about installing these in a laundry room on the second floor, where ours is, and he said his only advice would be to skip the pedestals because they might increase the vibration and noise. While I'm on the short side, DH is nearly 6' tall and I'm afraid the washer will be a pain in the neck to use without a pedestal.

Any thoughts on this? I'd especially love to hear from you if you have a Duet installed with a pedestal on the second floor of your home - even if yours is on the first floor, your input would be appreciated. (We're looking at the 10-inch - don't need any storage).

I just can't imagine that the vibration and noise could be any worse than what we have with our old TL washer, which sounds like it's about to lift off when it gets to the spin cycle!

Thanks in advance!

Comments (11)