SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
traceys_fl

How much money to put into our Miele's?

traceys_fl
15 years ago

Hi all - newbie to the laundry forum.

We had a scare yesterday with our 10yo W1918 - no power getting to it. It wasn't the fuse or the box, the dryer worked in both places. We'd recently restacked the machines - so thought maybe we'd wiggled something loose.

I called Miele, we did all their troubleshooting basically and they wanted to send the tech out at the $175 rate. Gee, i don't have that right now. He wasn't overly helpful like the guys in the past - i finally said, what part MIGHT if most likely be - and how much is it?

He figured it was the main power - and that was $428. OUCH.

I have issues putting $600 into a 10 year old machine.... not that i have the $600 - or more to replace them right now either.

DH took it apart last night and ended up backtracking the power - after making ME figure out the wiring schematic drawing with a meter. He has no clue what he wiggled, but it powered up!!!!

But that brings me too - how much should we consider putting into it? We had previously set a $400 cap, but is that a good target? I love the machines, and the frame for the counter next to it is going in, so i need them stacked (we are leaving enough width for a wider machine though). The small load size keeps Mt Laundry in check - i'd probably not know what to do if i could do a bigger batch at this point.

I"d love to hear any input on how much to budget for a repairs. I know that with an American machine 10 years is a decent life these days, but i have no clue on these.

Thanks bunches - i'm just thankful it was a free fix this time.

Comments (7)