SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
monaw_gw

Tips for Miele oven owners from our Miele service guy

monaw
14 years ago

First of all let me say that we have had our double ovens for one year and our experience with Miele service has been top notch.

We had a guy out here yesterday to look at the tubular mesh seal. It was hard on the bottom part and we were concerned. Turns out that the seal is only there to protect the door from rubbing against the oven itself....it was fine but he replaced it anyway in seconds. I asked him several questions. Without writing a book here, the following is one bit of info that I was really glad to hear, and had I known this, I would have gotten the Miele ovens that were not self cleaning.

He said "Never use your self cleaning program unless it is an emergency".

In other words, unless it is so bad you can't clean it yourself. He said that it is better to use Easyoff than it is to use the self clean cycle.

There are two reasons. #!. The oven gets so hot when it's on clean cycle that it's not good for the computer board,...especially if you open the oven before it has cooled way down. and #2, it's not good for the enamel on the inside,...causing it to expand and contract and eventually over time crack. He said it's better to wipe it out after a messy bake, and to use Easyoff oven cleaner rather than the self clean cycle. I asked him about the "Easy clean" surface and if Easyoff would damage ....etc. He insisted that it was better not to use self clean if you can help it. I have had the ovens for 1 year and cleaned the top one twice. It did get very smelly. He said what we are smelling has a lot to do with 1000 degrees and what happens to the enamel.

Just wanted to pass this on...

Comments (22)