SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
appliancenightmare

Bosch, EPIC, He5t ???

appliancenightmare
16 years ago

My #1 pick was the Fisher & Paykel AquaSmart and AeroSmart set. The dryer broke in a few days of ownership and I sent them back to Lowe's. I can't get my old ones back that were taken away though, so I'm without a washer and dryer and have 4 children.

I'm slightly turned off by He in general b/c I need full water to properly soak and wash diapers, but I'm not convinced that a TL Speed Queen would make me happy. I know a FL Speed Queen opens the wrong way for me, right hinge. I even called a commercial dealer about a 25 pound washer extractor hardmount $2600 which is doable, but do I WANT to have a big ugly metal machine bolted to my basement floor!!!

SO, I've narrowed it down to 3 FL in order of price

1)Maytag EPIC 9800 -$999 warranty $220 w dryer purchase

2)Bosch Nexxt 800 -$1199 same as above

3)Kenmore He5t -$1300 plus $309 warranty plus $299 warranty on dryer

They all have prewash/ soak that I need for cloth diapers.

My questions I can't find answers to on-line b/c 2 do not have manuals on-line since they are the latest models are

1)over all cycle times, I do not want 2 hours for normal wash (Bosch 500 reviews)

2)must have warm rinse option (He5t definitely, ??? the other 2)

3)a quick cycle would be beneficial (unsure on Bosch 800, yes on Epic and He5t)

4)King Size bulky comforter washing ability for the price needs to be there (or I'll just get a smaller Fridgidaire for several hundred less)

I didn't think color made a differenc to me, but truth the pretty colors on the He5t are attractive and the blue EPIC has my attention. I'm so distraut over the F&P, I can't think straight.

Oh, I do laundry for 6, 4 children, including a baby with cloth diapers. And my water heater is set at 150 degrees and my dh said he is not turning it down, it makes the dishwasher work 100% of the time and I've never had a problem w clothes. These new washers that autoset temp I'm afraid I'm going to HATE. If I want it hot, I want it hot and if I want it warm which is 100 to me, then that is what I want. I know I can set my own temps in a TL Speed Queen at 40gal... But this is my opportunity to get anything I want, I have a budget of $3000 for a washer and dryer, I can get just about anything my heart desires, but it desires nothing.

Sorry for the ramble.

Comments (7)