SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mikemwp

Maytag EpicZ washer/dryer

mikemwp
16 years ago

havn't seen much info about these or many reviews online. guess i should have asked around here... but anyways just bit the bullet and ordered a set.

anyways, just thought i'd sign up here and say hey. found lots of useful info here in the forum when doing our research. thought i'd start another thread here on these machines in case anyone wants to discuss... positives or negatives or whatever.

our situation is an old house where the only place for laundry is in a closet with some size requirements that eliminate most of what is out there. can only fit smaller stacked units. most of the front load stackable sets are too tall for our space.

what we found to fit, was the whirlpool duet sport/kenmore he2/maytag epicz models, the frigidaire affinity/gallery models, bosch axxis, and an asko 24" model.

we really liked the larger bosch unit that we checked out, but since we needed stacking it wouldn't work. we did find a local store with the smaller bosch axxis and a smaller asko that would fit, but the washers just seemed WAY to small for us. boy that axxis seems tiny! seemed like we'd have to be doing way to many small loads of laundry.

we checked out the whirlpool variants and the frigedaires at sears. after looking them over and tugging on all the parts, we felt we liked the build of the whirlpools more. also checked prices at lowes, home depot, and best buy.

the best deals seemed like the duet sport 8300 (no heat) at lowes, and the epicz 600 (with heat) at home depot. from the user guide, besides the heat, it looked like the epicz added 1 more shock for vibration control, and i didn't know if that and the heat was worth the extra $$$.

we also had a 10% off entire purchase coupon at lowes. i called all 3 lowes in my area and got different quotes from each one. one said they could only do their sale price or price match home depots sale price, but could not add our coupon. the second said they could take our 10% off coupon on top of their stock unit (duet), but not on the epicz.

the third lowes said they could match home depots price, match home depots 10% off sale price, AND then take another 10% off... nice! so we ended up getting the epicz 600 set at that third lowes.

then at checkout we were supposed to get a mail-in rebate for $65 to reimburse delivery... well that printed out... as well as a second mail-in rebate for $100, that we were not told about or expecting. sweet! plus our local electric company is going to give us a $75 rebate for energy star washer. so we are pretty happy with the purchase.

hopefully it works out as well when we actually get the machines! seems like some people don't have the best experiences with whirlpool units, and there isn't much info out there on the epicz yet. but like i said there wasn't much that we could find that would fit our space. and we got the extended warranty coverage, so we are hoping it all works out well.

anways, just thought i'd share. will try to post some info after i get it installed. ok sorry for the long first post!

Here is a link that might be useful: Maytag EpicZ MHWZ600TW

Comment (1)