SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gardeningglovequilter

Electrolux Washers and Dryers

MiMi
15 years ago

Does anyone know anything about the new Electrolux Washers and Dryers that are out now? My daugther saw some in Home Depot or Lowe's and wanted me to pick your brains. .see if anyone knew anything good or bad about them. She is leaning towards buying the Samsung, not the steam models. Anybody really unappy with your Samsungs? Thanks. .Debbie

Comments (42)

• lee676
    15 years ago

Since HD doesn't sell Electrolux, I assume she saw them at Lowe's. I haven't seen or even heard of them yet, but by looking at their website I see they're, well, huge - a quick trip to energystar.gov shows the washer to have an actual capacity of 4.05 cu.ft., the largest available (the 4.7 figure that Electrolux gives is an IEC equivalent designed to allow direct comparison to top-load machines, but that too is the largest available). The 15-minute quick-wash and quick-dry functions are nice to have, but since the washer has only a 1000w heating element, regular cycles are going to be slow. The lighted interior is nice

The dryer is also the largest available (8.0 cu.ft). I'm not sure what the dryer does to be so fast though, since it's limited by the same power availability as other brands. The fast 1350rpm spin speed on the washers will extract more water than most though, which will speed drying. Stainless steel drum is good - something Whirlpool-built dryers strangely lack even in the expensive ones.

Although Electrolux is the parent company of Frigidaire, these clearly are not rebranded clones of existing Frigidaire laundry machines, which are much smaller, especially their dryers. They look nice in pictures, i'll have to check them out the next time i'm at Lowes (or Sears or Best Buy which also sell Electrolux and presumably would stock these).

• rick955i
    15 years ago

I just checked out the machines at Best Buy, here are my impressions:

1) the push touch latch on the door (push the door in and it pops open) is nice, but the 2 machines I looked at seemed to be hanging up a bit (door seemed stuck shut)

2) Controls - they remind me in function of Bosch Axxis series. The display is neat and does a little bubble dance animation while working, the silver options buttons seem a little flimsy

3) The drum lighting is VERY bright

4) The drum seems nicely finished, the agitator arms are curved and have little holes in them, presumably to shower water over the clothes

5) The dispenser drawer releases with a nice chrome latch, the dispenser cavities are large

6) The cabinets seems nicely made, the paint finish is nice with a fade affect towards the edge of the cabinets

7) The washer is made in Mexico - does anyone know what factory they are using? Is it an existing Fridgidaire factory?

8) I think I know how the dryer dries in 18 minutes - it is noisy, sounds like a jet engine

9) the tumbler arms are each a different shape

Thats it for now.

Rick

• Related Discussions

RE: Electrolux washers and dryers

Q

Comments (2)
    lbl955, send that messages to all of your friends, family, colleagues, and have them all pass this information out. It may be tough finding out what products sold in the U.S. are actually made here since parts and assembly come from or are made in other parts of the world, but its worth a try.
    ...See More

Electrolux 50 Washer & Dryer: Does Yours Do This?

Q

Comments (4)
    Alex, thanks so much for the advice! The small-load/more suds thing does make sense because the first 2 loads I did were a pair of queen sheets and I did not get the sudsing. But all the other loads were smaller and even though I cut down the amount of detergent it was apparantly still too much. We have fairly soft public water here (3 grains/gal). Looks like I'm going to have to get the contractor guy to reinforce the flooring from underneath. When I bought the house I asked the home inspector that very question (because the previous owners added the laundry area and so it's on framing rather than a slab) and he assured me that the framing was "perfectly adequate" (prev owners had a one-piece Kenmore washer-dryer in that space). I did tell him that I was planning to replace the existing unit with a stacked pair too. Now I'm wondering whether the failure of the dispenser cups to properly drain, might also be a function of the spin cycle being too wobbly.... Thanks for the link to the Samsung issue. I have a feeling mine might be also related to the flooring/swing possibility now, because it isn't only small items that get tossed to the front: sheets and heavy items like jeans do too. It's pretty amazing to watch: I can load the drum perfectly evenly front to back, turn on the dryer, and in less than a half dozen revolutions the whole load is tumbling right up against the door and the rear half of the drum is entirely empty of clothing! And remains so throughout the entire cycle. Sheets are a real pain because everything quickly balls up into one big cocoon. I did two queen sheets last night and had to stop and separate them three times during the cycle because one sheet was entirely encased in a cocoon formed by the other sheet's layers. The drum is level when it is stationary but now I'm wondering if (due to floor flexing) it may be tilting toward the front as soon as the rotation starts. I have not yet run the washer and dryer at the same time, by the way. This is my first experience with a stacked configuration and I'm definitely NOT a fan. The washer is too low and the dryer flirting with being too high. Before this, I've always had them side by side, on pedestals and on a slab foundation. But there is nowhere else in this house to put the W&D other than in this bumped-out recessed area.
    ...See More

What ever happened to next gen. Electrolux washer/dryer

Q

Comments (2)
    When I was looking in October it seemed like they all had sale prices, which Electrolux before always seemed to be price locked. So I am assuming they are trying to get rid of old inventory before releasing the new models.
    ...See More

New Electrolux Compact Washer & Dryer versus Miele

Q

Comments (21)
    We got a chance to see the Electrolux yesterday. Thank you, whirlpool trainee. Your link encouraged us to travel to see the pair. Unfortunately the scented gasket makes it a non-option for me (Contacted Electrolux; they do not offer a non-scented option.) If the gasket were unscented, I would have gone with the pair. Lowes has it on sale for $899 each and offers an extended 5 year warranty. From the review I read, the condenser jug needs to be emptied every second or third cycle unless you direct drain the dryer, which is an option. There is a condensing filter, located at the bottom, front of the machine which also needs rinsing frequently -- consideration for people who have trouble getting on bended knee; you might plan a pedestal set-up. The reviewer stated that a normal load took an average of two (gulp) hours to dry. Hubby and I have decided that we'll continue to air-dry what we can to save on our ever-increasing electric bill since whatever we buy will be a condensing dryer. Not much reported on the washer other than it offers a lot of options and steam and it is 2.4 cubic feet -- largest of the compacts. It has an on-board heater like the Miele (also 110v). Though it is NSF certified, I didn't check whether it meets the more stringent of the two certifications. From the owner's manual I was unsure of when the on-board heater was activated; clearly during the sanitary cycle, but I couldn't tell if it heats water for a HOT load or just takes straight hot house water. But then, Miele isn't any help there either; if it weren't for rococogurl I wouldn't have a clue as to what my Miele is doing behind the scenes. We really liked the looks and feel of the pair and were disappointed to come home empty-handed.
    ...See More
  • kon45
    15 years ago

I love my Samsungs. I have never used the silvercare, not felt a need to, especially since it does add time. Samsung was the better deal for us with price, noise level, vibration, and overall functionality. I was skeptic at first, but after using it for about 4 months, I really do love them. Not steam models.

• peteski50
    15 years ago

I have not seen them in person yet. But from the pictures they do look nice. The drum is 4.7 which I think is to large - because I believe their will be balancing problems. I hope I am wrong. I wish they would make a combo for the USA.
    Peter

• gordonr
    15 years ago

It's also one of only two brands currently for sale in the USA that have a reversible door. That could be important for some. It's amazing the trend is still towards ever bigger machines. Unless your doing tons of laundry it seems that beyond a certain point this capacity craze is just an academic exercise (or more to the point - a marketing exercise) rather than providing tangible benefits.

• zelmar
    15 years ago

I just noticed the Electroluxes on the Best Buy Site. They claim to be 2nd floor compatible---a big plus for me. I wanted a Samsung but nobody around here repairs them so I'm definitely interested in these---or any other brands that come out with 2nd floor FLs in the near future. We've been very happy with our Electrolux Fridge.

BTW the Samsung site listed a local repair place for their washers but when I contacted the repair place they said they don't repair Samsung's. Nothing else was listed in my area.

• mara_2008
    15 years ago

I saw them today in an ad - I *think* it was an HHGregg ad.

The main thing I know about them is, they are expensive! Big, too, but my HE Bravos TL's washer capacity is just a hair smaller at 4.6 cu ft, for much less money.

The total price for the Electrolux pair I saw advertised is $3000 before pedestals, which adds another $500 - and that $3500 total does not include state tax!

After seeing that, my wonderful Bravos machines look even better, LOL.

• andyraf_microsoft_com
    15 years ago

GordonR said: "It's also one of only two brands currently for sale in the USA that have a reversible door."
    - What's the other brand? When we built our house we asked the builder to mirror the original floor plan, so everything's reversed (would have been nice if we'd thought of this problem).

• moe_szyslak
    15 years ago

The new Asko washers have a reversible washer door.

• czechchick2
    15 years ago

LG dryer has reversible door.

• jagusmc
    15 years ago

I just had my new Electrolux Washer & Dryer arrive 2 weeks ago. I'm not sure if during the install the guys broke the water inlet valve or it's just faulty but regardless the washer has started to fill with clean water between uses. I just went thru an ordeal of trying to get a hold of Electrolux to get the problem fixed. I bought them at Lowe's with substantial warranty and mfrs warranty. Lowe's personnel are worthless and the 1800-77-LOWES people also worthless and played pass the buck for 15 minutes.

Electrolux is going to ship the part to me then I have to call them back with the Order # & File # and then schedule to have the technician come out and fix the problem. Assuming of course it's the water inlet valve as I believe it is but since I'm not a tech, I'm amazed the Electrolux rep took my word for it and is sending the part first before a actual tech determines the problem.

They wash great! The dryer does sound like a jet taking off but it's high pitched enough to not really bother me. much better than Kenmore's Elite which are moldy and noisy and wash like crap. I can put 3 blankets/comforters in the washer and they come out stuck flat on the drum, practically dry which helps to cut down on long cycle drying. I'm pleased with their functionality but 2 weeks in and already broke? For $1500 & $1200 I'd expect a more solid product that doesn't break in less than 2 weeks.

• mara_2008
    15 years ago

lee676, my Maytag Bravos washer, which is made by Whirlpool, does have a stainless steel drum. IIRC, there are other Whirlpool-built washers which have it too.

OP, I've seen a lot of complaints about Electrolux washers/dryers. I remain unconvinced that they are worth that much money.

• CaroleOH
    15 years ago

Mara, where have you see alot of complaints on the Electrolux washers/dryers? I've been looking and have only read 1 or 2 with the overwhelming majority positive.

I'd like to read as many reviews as I can.

• rhonda3215
    15 years ago

I too would like to read as many reviews as I can about Electrolux washer and dryers. I need to be able to switch the washer door opening as well as the dryer so that it can sit on the right with dryer on the left (I've been told that all brands can have their dryer doors switched). I just don't want to spend so much if there's another brand that can do this or these aren't worth the $$

• suburbanmd
    15 years ago

rhonda3215, the Miele W4840 is designed to sit on the right side, with its door hinged on the right (non-reversible). I'm very happy with mine. It's less expensive than it used to be. I paid $2050 last September, and the same place now has it for $1850. Definitely worth the money if you're willing to spend that much.

• User
    14 years ago

So what are the current problems on this washer and how high the water level against the glass?

• mominator61
    14 years ago

Mara, I also would like to know where/what the bad reviews are you've seen on Electrolux. I'm about to purchase a set of Wave Touch, I am negotiating between two stores.

• georgect
    14 years ago

Mominator61...
    Would love to read a review when you've played with the new Electrolux's.
    Please keep us posted.

• CaroleOH
    14 years ago

Well, I just took delivery of my new electrolux washer and dryer last week. I didn't get the wave controls - just couldn't see the benefit of adding more cycles for the extra $$$ when everything else was the same on the washer/dryer.

First off, this is a silly thing but I love the fact there is a light inside the washer and dryer. It's wonderful! Also, we splurged and got the pedestals and I love having the washer and dryer at almost waist level.

The washer and dryer are so far wonderful. The dryer dries my towels in 45 minutes which is amazing to me as my old dryer took over an hour and a half.

It's also very smart - if I change the water temp or soil level for the "normal" cycle, it remembers that and so for the next time I wash using the normal cycle, it uses the changes I made.

I like how there are water hoses in the tub agitators so that the load gets evenly wet quickly. The push button soap dispenser is fine, but I'd prefer to just pull it out like on my duet. Also the push button door closure takes a few tries to get used to, but it works fine.

I also like the fact that at any point I can pause the washer and the door will open. On my duet, once you got past the "add Item" point of the cycle, the door remained locked.

Overall, so far, I have to say I'm very pleased. They are a great looking and do a great job cleaning. Sometimes I'm amazed at how a FL is able to get clothes clean when it uses so little water, but it does. I had a blood stain on a pair of jeans and I didn't pre treat it or anything, just threw it in with a regular load of clothes. I figured it would be my test of the new washer to see if that blood stain would be removed - sure enough it was gone!

These units are more expensive than the duets or samsungs, but I really wanted the larger washer and dryer. Even when I'm not doing a huge load, I feel the extra space in the dryer and washer allow the clothes to tumble better, dry faster and with less wrinkling.

Also as an fyi, I bought my units at Lowes. Upon checkout, I was asked if I wanted the 4 year extended warranty for $159. This covered both units - all repairs, labor etc. In fact, Lowe's said Electrolux tended to just replace the units if they had problems. I had just spent $65 to have the repair guy make a trip to my house to tell me my Duet was going to cost more to fix than it was worth. So I figured $159 over 4 years was a good insurance policy especially with the electronics, and those push button doors I was worried about - all covered under the warranty. I was also told this is the major appliance warranty cost for any appliance - their $300 washer or the $1200 one, so if you buy at Lowe's I'd consider getting this warranty - especially if you're buying the pricey FL's.

• tennis_gal
    14 years ago

I bought the Electrolux W/D a few months ago (not the steam one) and this is our first time with a FL. I am happy with the operation of the machine and am now comfortable with how a FL works, this one allowing an easy pause to add clothes, but it does not clean the clothes as well as my Kenmore TL. Am I doing anything wrong? I don't want to be gross but our underwear seems to need a prewash under the faucet first if it is going to get clean in the washer. It also applies to other clothes but this is particularly annoying.
    I think our hot water is hot enough and I run the kitchen hot water before turning on the washer to make sure the hot water is fired up. I use Tide HE which a sample came with the machine so I stuck with that brand for now (I have used Tide for years with TL). I never had a problem before getting clothes clean with all my previous TLs.
    Thanks for any help.

• mara_2008
    14 years ago

To all who asked, I cannot remember now where I read the negative reviews. I think they were at the Consumer Reports washer/dryer users' forum, which is similar to this one.

tennis_gal, if you're talking about white cotton underwear, you might try using powdered dishwasher detergent (like Cascade). Some formulas - not the latest ones - have phosphates and chlorine bleach in them, which help to get out stains and also kill E-Coli bacteria if they are washed in hot water.

I wish there was a Tide powdered formula with bleach for HE washers, as I loved using that in my former conventional washer with hot water for white cottons and towels, but that is not available at this time.

• kntryhuman
    14 years ago

I don't have the Electrolux washer and dryer but I'd like to add to the service comments.

I just bought a 48" Icon professional range at a very reduced price from a store going out of business. The range was made in 2005 but never used.

There were dents in 2 panels so I called Electrolux, gave them the model & serial number and by the end of the week, they sent new panels. They would have come out to put them on but the range is not hooked up yet so I'll put them on myself.

They have awesome customer service.

• georgect
    14 years ago

When you hear comments like this:

Kntryhuman...
    "I just bought a 48" Icon professional range at a very reduced price from a store going out of business. The range was made in 2005 but never used.
    There were dents in 2 panels so I called Electrolux, gave them the model & serial number and by the end of the week, they sent new panels. They would have come out to put them on but the range is not hooked up yet so I'll put them on myself.
    They have awesome customer service."

You don't mind paying a premium price. As long at the product is SOLID and the customer service is SOLID and they really stand behind what they sell...that's awesome and I would so pay for that piece of mind.

• osxaddict
    14 years ago

We checked out a few models at the local Lowe's and looked at both Samsung and Electrolux.. I liked the looks of the Electrolux but think the door seemed like the weak point of the product -- it just seems like something that will be a source of trouble IMHO.. I'm hoping I'm wrong...

Interestingly enough all Samsungs at this local store were 20% off in case anyone is after a Samsung..

• zelmar
    14 years ago

Make sure you get service in your area for the item you select. I'd love to get a fl that's made for 2nd floor use. The only option when I first started looking was the Samsung. I hated the idea of getting the silver care but the real deal breaker was the service. I checked the Samsung site and they listed a local place as a service provider. I got in touch with that place and they stated they do NOT service Samsung. There are no other local places listed so I think getting service would be very difficult. I feel fortunate that I checked the accuracy of Samsung's listing (and I find the fact that they had that listing a bit suspect.) I would also check out Samsung's customer service (do a search on this site?)

Now I'm considering Electrolux. I love the Electrolux fridge we've had for 4 years. We had a small issue with it when it was under warranty (I think the freezer door would pop open a little whenever we closed the fridge side) and the service was fast.

• tallbear
    14 years ago

I DO NOT recommend the new Electrolux Washer and Dryer. The door sticks; the door rattles; moisture gets in between the door; the prewash empties all soap from both prewash and main compartments, leaving nothing for main wash. Drum too big for small family or 2 people.

On the good side, the units are heavy and very stable. Interior lighting wonderful.

• CaroleOH
    14 years ago

Tallbear do you have your laundry soap dispenser set for liquid or powder? I found if you have it for powder, and use liquid you can have a problem.

I have the electrolux for over a month now, and am pleased. The doors are a bit to get used to with the push button, but mine have never stuck. I'd call the store and have the service guy come out under warranty and address your issues.

How can the drum be too big? It self adjusts the water level, so it only uses the amount of water it needs for whatever load you put in. I like the big drum on a small load - they get even dryer during the spin cycle.

I use Cheer He or Tide Unscented HE (hate the smell of liquid Tide!). Both clean very well, but I only use to the 1 line - it seems the Electrolux doesn't need much detergent. We do have our water heater set fairly high, but I have found the complete opposite to the cleaning issues tennis gal is having.

Mine cleans everything so well. Even grass stains that I don't pretreat on cotton slacks come out. It befuddles me sometimes how a FL gets the clothes clean with so little water, but it does!

I'd check the water temperature once it starts washing. Mine is steaming hot when I open the door.

I got my Electrolux at Lowe's and while Electrolux isn't discounting their washers, Lowe's does offer a great 4 year warranty for $159 for both units so that's a deal.

• User
    14 years ago

Well folks, I've taken the plunge and got the washer. I must say I like the washer because of the water usage and I'm paying for water now and this bad boy uses very little.
    Anyway if you want to see pic of wash cloths that was done between a FL'r and TL'r click on the link.

Here is a link that might be useful: Don't hit link if you don't have a funny bone!

• mysteryclock
    14 years ago

That link is a great visual example of how a FL can and should clean better than a TL any day of the week, in spite of the lower water level!

• User
    14 years ago

The website will update new posts and now you will have to dig a little to view. so to make it easier:
    1: Click on the new link below
    2: Click on Discuss-o-Mat
    3: Click on Deluxe and look for Electrolux Washers Thread # 22155

Here is a link that might be useful: webpage update

• tallbear
    14 years ago

caroleoh...when using liquid soap, I use the liquid dispenser, when using powder I use the compartment for powder. There is a problem with the prewash cycle on all machines. It has been verified by a technician this is the way it works. When the water fills for prewash, it also takes the soap from the main wash compartment, thus when the main wash starts, there is no soap. Tried this many times with same results. In addition, I find at times there is soap residual left in the soap compartments after it flushes out all soap...then when the rinse cycle starts, all of this residual is rinsed into the rince water...just what I don't want. I tried everything.

As far as the drum being too big for smaller loads...yes, yes, yes! In order to efficiently clean, the larger the load, the better job it will do. When you have fewer clothes in the drum, they tend to fall and splash from top to bottom of drug as there is more room, creating more suds...happens every time, regardless of what unit you have.

Further after exchanging 2 of the units, we were still getting mositure inbetween the door. The door on the washer was 'sticky' but not dryer.

We gave up with the Electrolux and returned our last unit. Felt there were too many problems and we weren't happy with the quality of the units. I will say they were very 'pretty' looking with many colors too and as far as the interior lights on both drum and washer, they rank #1 of all we've seen! Electrolux is espensive for what you get...maybe because they advertise sooo much! Aren't they made in Mexico? We decided to put our money into quality units, with a 5 year warranty included, and bought the Miele washer & dryer. Manufactured, designed and assembled in Germany. Sorry, only white and no pretty chrome buttons. Glass inside and out on door. We are finally happy, and NOTHING cleans better.

• suburbanmd
    14 years ago

tallbear, I love my Miele W4840 also. But I believe it's made in the Czech Republic, like they say in the other thread.

• bernise6
    14 years ago

You should be able to look at the serial # plate to determine where your Miele is made. They were making them in Mexico but maybe they decided to shift some production to the Czech Republic.

I am pretty sure that Electrolux has moved almost all it's NA production to Mexico. I saw some news a few months ago about the Mexican president going to help celebrate the opening of their 2nd washer and dryer factory there.

If you want a US built machine, you are fairly limited these days. Speed Queen, Staber, and Bosch are made in the USA.

• tallbear
    14 years ago

suburbanmd...After I read your post, I looked at mine and saw the oversight. When the Miele technician came out, I was told they were only assembled in Chech Republic. I'm glad you corrected that point. Thank you.

• happymomof2kids
    14 years ago

Well I know Electrolux makes Frigidaire and that is what I have now. I have a Frigidaire affinity FL. It's a decent little machine. Somewhat susceptible to pump clogs but that is easily solved with lingerie bags for small or sheddy items. I know the Frigidaire's are known to have an issue with the door lock assembly as well, but I guess the company is currently working on it and the door lock assemblies really are not that expensive and fairly easy to change if you know what you are doing.

For the most part I like my machine. Our clothes come out clean for the most part, so it must be doing it's job.

• michaelinohio
    14 years ago

Just exchanged my Samsung steam washer and dryer for the Electrolux Wavetouch. Only had it 2 days now and can't believe the difference from the Samsung. The Samsung was the worst appliance I have every purchased. Especially the dryer. Not one single load, in 2 weeks, came out fluffy and dry. It rolled everything into a ball so nothing inside the ball was dry. Even if I put just a few things in the dryer it would shut off when the clothes were still wet, no matter what setting I used. The controls were hard to use and it took too many steps to start the wash.

The Electrolux is GREAT!! Turn the dial to the cycle, push start and it goes. The clothes are clean, put them in the dryer turn the dial, push start and they are dry and fluffy. Just the way it is supposed to work.

The lights even come on when you open the doors. Imagine that. With the Samsung you would have to push the power button first for the lights to come on. The stupidest thing I have ever seen. Even my 20 year old Maytag knew that the light should come on everytime you open the door. It wouldn't shut the light off if you left the door open though, the Electrolux does. They also remember your settings for each cycle, so you don't have to make several choices EVERY time you start a load.

Sorry for the long post but I just can't believe what a bad product Samsung put out. And to top it off, all the reviews are great. Even Consumer Reports rates the Samsung the highest (the reason I bought it).

Electrolux tops everything.

• mark40511
    14 years ago

It is my understanding on the Electrolux machines; that they give you the option of eco or non-eco through all the cycles. Example, eco hot or just hot, eco warm or just warm etc. If you don't choose the eco cycles they use MORE WATER! Check out this video on the rinse! I can't believe it! The previous two rinses are not as deep as this last one in the video.

Here is a link that might be useful: Electrolux final rinse cycle

• michaelinohio
    14 years ago

mark
    I don't think the Electrolux uses more water on the non eco setting, it uses more hot water. On the eco setting it lowers the temp of the hot or warm water by mixing with cold.

• mark40511
    14 years ago

Gotcha. Doing more reading, I don't think the IQ Touch uses as much water as the WAVE Touch. The video above shows the final rinse in a WAVE Touch. I know someone who has an IQ Touch and the final rinse is no where near as deep as the WAVE Touch in the video. Interesting.

• dede711
    14 years ago

Just purchased the Electrolux wave touch at Western Appliance...No discounting to speak of but was able to get the $500 end of summer rebate and $200 PG&E (California) rebate, so the deal was pretty good...Also got an extended 4 yr (5 total) warranty for $139.95 for the two appliances. Unfortunately, I have to wait about 10 days for delivery...Will post back when I've had a chance to wash a few loads...

Now trying to sell my Maytag Neptune w/d on Craigslist...

• czechchick2
    14 years ago

I saw the video w/ the last rinse and I have a question. It appears the load that is in is very small. What if you wash full load? Does the machine adjust the water amount acordingly, so there is always that much extra water? Or in big loads the water gets sucked in the laundry and you don't have the extra water there at all or at least not as much?
    Both of my machines take more water in the rinse cycles but not as much as in the video.

• georgect
    14 years ago

I believe the pool of water would default to where it comes up the window a little...so yes, in theory it should add more water with a larger load to obtain that depth of rinse water pool.