SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19778555

Electrolux 50 Washer & Dryer: Does Yours Do This?

User
9 years ago

Those who have an Electrolux model 50 front loader, and/or the matching 50 series dryer: Does yours do any of these things?

(1) Does the washer leave a ridiculous amount of water remaining in the dispenser cups after each cycle?
I don't mean just in the right-side (bleach and fabric softener cups) but also in the Main Wash cup. My main wash cup is literally full of water at the end of a cycle. After each use I have to remove the entire tray, carry it to the sink and dump the water out. A couple of times I measured the amount of water remaining in the dispenser tray and it's always anywhere between 7 and 8 ounces, which is a lot IMHO.

(2) When you have done a smallish load and open the door, are there still suds remaining along the bottom gasket area? I use a HE detergent (7th Generation Free & Clear liquid which I've used for years in other machines and it's the only one that doesn't bother my allergies) and even with filling it to just barely the "Min" level on the washer dispenser cups, the machine is still leaving suds. Suds in the Main Wash cup leftover water too. I've taken to adding the extra rinse (Fresh Rinse) and that usually helps get rid of the suds but this really shouldn't be necessary...

I don't use any fabric softener or bleach, btw. Just the detergent itself. And no dryer sheets ever.

(3) If your machines are stacked, do they rock alarmingly during the High spin cycle?
I've checked and doublechecked on the leveling; the pair is perfectly level front to back and side to side.

(4) In the dryer, does the drum immediately throw the load forward (up against the door) for the entire cycle?
It doesn't matter what size the load is -- it's always "wiping the door". I don't recall my old dryers ever doing that. Is this normal "tumbling behavior" (to have the clothes up against the door all the time)?

Unfortunately both machines are out of warranty. :-( They were purchased and installed a year ago but due to circumstances I only moved into the house this month and so the machines are literally on their first few uses, as if brand new. Of course the manufacturer doesn't care about that, only about the date they were purchased. I've quickly come to hate both units for multiple reasons and am wondering if anyone else's machines do any of these weird things. Thanks! :-)

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations