SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eieioshop

Dog Hair: Would this ruin a brand new Electrolux Washer/Dryer?

eieio8
13 years ago

I just installed a brand new Electrolux washer and dryer at my new apartment - still under renovations and not ready to move in yet, but i thought that i ought to do a "test wash/dry" to see if the machines work. So...I did that today.

I thought i was being smart by bringing to my new apartment a twin-sized fleece blanket that my dog uses, plus two towels that he lays on every night at bedtime. So, a total of three items: twin sized fleece blanket, two cotton towels, small load.

Yikes. I had neglected the fact that my dog, a whippet, is short haired and his hair is like short "white pins"! I have white short hair everywhere in the washer, its drum, the edges, the rubber sealing gaskets. Likewise, the dryer has white hair everywhere too! Of course, the dryer's filter is heavy with a layer of hair, almost like a wool flat "fuzz ball", so I cleaned that out immediately after the drying cycle.

Did I do any harm to my brand new machines? This is my first ever cycle!

One would think that this is not the end of the world since when I used to wash new cotton flannel sheets for winter use, the dryer's filter would catch a ton of cotton fuzz for the first wash or two. But, since these brand new Electrolux machines are totally new, and the highest end of washer/dryer that I've ever owned, I feel kind of bad that I sort of "mistreated" them during their very first cycle! I hope that I didn't do damage.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thx.

Comments (10)