SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jlahav

NEW FL WASHER NEEDED; to be stacked with existing dryer

6 years ago

Hi all,

My Electrolux EWFLS70JSS, which is about 6 years old, is done, after some service on the machine starting a couple of years back, and a lot of poor experience with the extended warranty and the associated service repair companies. It seems the last time the drum was replaced, the bearings weren't set correctly, and the machine is now far too damaged to repair, having destroyed itself from the inside.

I have the EWMGD70JSS dryer stacked on top of it, which is also in need of some minor repair that is covered by extended warranty (and I now have a reputable service company to work on it).

Electrolux is offering to replace the washer with the EFLS617STT, or money to buy back my existing machine. They claim that this model is bigger than the model I had, and will not stack with my dryer. I checked the dimensions. The dryer is 27" wide x 31.5" deep; and the newer model washer is 27" wide x 32" deep. I'm not really sure what the issue would be with stacking.

My questions are: Are there better machines out there that I can potentially stack with my existing dryer using some sort of universal stacking kit? I'm looking for something that has good smart settings (I love having the programmed cycles), better resistance to mold (or more effective ways to clean or sanitize the machine), at least 4.4cu ft capacity (three kids, two rabbits, the machines are constantly going), a good lifespan, and ease of repair.

I would appreciate your input, plus any reviews/sites you can point me to. I haven't shopped for appliances in about six years or so!

TIA

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Integrity Woodworking Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry Professionals