SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
desy_gw

Buying a new washer/dryer

Desy
12 years ago

Hello,

Could anyone recommend a decent washer and dryer please (or what to stay away from). Here are my specs

1) most important a DEPENDABLE unit( I don't want to deal with repairs)

2) up to $ 1000 per appliance (the lower the better, but if the machine is worth it not a deal breaker)

3)dryer - not to shrink cloths, as well as take too long to dry them (more 1 hour)

3) no preference FL or TL, no fashion requirements, no fancy cycles, although I would not mind some extra features in case they work well

4) good warranty and cs, although I hope not to need it

5)energy efficient if possible

6)little scared of automatic sensors, so in case there are any, to work well

Here is my current laundry situation: Family of 2, potentially kids in near future. Currently 3 (to 4) loads a week. Medium capacity, not sure in cu feet, but hate when not much fits in the washer or they are way too big so utilities go to waist. I like cotton, so many of my cloths are 100% cotton, somewhat are delicate, but nothing super special. I don't like constantly checking on the machines while doing laundry, mostly making trips back and forth to make sure the dryer is not over drying and ruining the cloths. It would be a bonus if the dryer does not tangle sheets, but not a deal breaker.

I realize it is wishful thinking on my behalf, but if anyone knows any decent units out there, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Comments (9)