SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
scoutfinch72

Need help deciding on a new FL washer/dryer

scoutfinch72
7 years ago

I have a dilemma. We have a small 1 bedroom MIL apartment that is 1/4 of our basement. We've had some tenants in there but they will be completely moved out tomorrow and we have new tenants scheduled to move in July 1st. We have washer/dryer hookups in the apartment and we would like to provide machines for the new tenants. Due to space constraints, they need to be stacked.

I currently have a Whirlpool Duet WFW9451 washer and an older Duet GEW9250 Dryer and I have the stacking brackets because they were stacked in our last house. I bought washer brand new from Costco about 6 years ago. When it was 22 months old the bearings went out and were replaced under Costco's extended 2 year warranty. The repair would have basically cost as much as the washer was when new. It's making a similar roar during the spin cycle again but so far it's working fine.

What I'm currently debating is whether to buy a bare bones stacking FL set for the apartment or to move my current set to the apartment and buy a new set for me. Any thoughts on this decision? I can't decide if I'm being unfairly influenced by the idea of new toys.

Also, DH had a small heart attack this morning when I proposed the $1600 necessary for a new Electrolux 517 set for me and suggested I start looking for a used set for the basement, lol.

Comments (7)