SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
liya2012

Venting the Dryer Dilemma

11 years ago

Hi everyone,

I hope you can help me, my head is spinning and I'm getting more confused by the minute.

We are moving to a new house, laundry room looks like the picture attached. Now that we are shopping for a washer and dryer we just noticed that the laundry room doesn't have the hole in the wall to vent the dryer!! First thought was to move the washer and dryer to the wall on the right (because it's the only one that the outdoor is on the other side) and creating a hole. Then we learned moving the dryer and washer will cost a lot of money because of all the water piping and electric plugs and stuff . So we thought of keeping it in place and just bend the hose 90 degree and to create the hole very low on the right wall. When we went to shop the sale guy told us that we shouldn't bend the hose, and if we ask anyone they will say the same, and we are asking for trouble if we do it. He told us that the hole has to be above the dryer and that is the only safe way. Hubby told him if it's above the dryer than we still need to bend the hose twice, first next to the dryer, second next to the hole. The guy said that is OK but to bend it to the right is another thing! is this true? and is it really dangerous to bend it. If not is it better to create the hole high on the right wall (then we will need to bend the hose 3 times) or low (we will only need to bend it once). Sorry for all the stupid questions but every house I lived in before was ready and I didn't need to think about these things before.

One more point, husband doesn't want the headache and said we should just buy a vent-less dryer. The problem I've read soo many conflicting reviews that I'm worried that dryer will not function as well as the regular dryer.

Thanks in advance, and honestly I don't know how people made decisions before the internet LOL.

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH