SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
futuredriven

Laundry Room Dilemma? Dryer doesn't fit!

FutureDriven
6 years ago

Hello everyone,

My DH and I just bought our first home and fixer upper. This has definitely been a journey for us. Any way, we recently purchased a washer and dryer. Our laundry space looks exactly like this picture including the type of washer and dryer. The only difference is my laundry closet is in the hallway. We measured the closet before purchasing the washer/dryer....however, we did not account for how large the hose on the back of dryer would be. The washer fits perfectly, like in this picture, but because the hose for the dryer is about 5 inches it is pushing the dryer forward. As a result, we can't close the door. For now we have taken them off the track to get them to give the impression of being closed. Any remedies for this issue? My husband suggest cutting a whole in the drywall behind the dryer and trying to put the hose some what in the wall to give us a few inches to push the dryer back. We need about 2 inches and the doors will close. The installer from best buy suggested taking the doors off and putting a curtain up. Are those our only options???

Comments (29)

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio