SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
meems15

Not Enough Floor Tile :(

Michelle NJ
5 days ago

Hi Houzzers. I’d love some creative ideas for making this gorgeous floor tile stretch—I bought from Floor and Decor as closeout last year for my own laundry rolm and for my mom’s. We finished ours in summer and now it’s mom’s turn. We are short tile and NO more exists—I am certain. I even checked FB Marketplace. So to stretch it I’m thinking to make a 22”W tile “rug” centered on the 22”W window (27” if you include the molding). (Note: the doors and windows in this room are all wonky but I MUST work with what is there!) I have 44 tiles. Each is 11”W. PIC1 is laundry room layout. PIC2 is our inspo pic! I looked EVERYWHERE and the only bright white floor tile that matches lines on this aqua tile (it’s almost a silver even! All else looked more cream/off-white) was this 2” white hexagon tile. I will use matching white grout to make it look less busy as the aqua should be the only busy in the room. PIC3 is dry fit layout I did today from view of walking in from the garage (though “rug” is s bit too wide at the pocket door in this pic). PIC4 is view from inside the laundry room coat closet. Thoughts? Other ideas? I’ve considered placing it on walls instead but I’d really like to make it work on floor. Thank you!!

Comments (51)

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars256 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz