SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sshrivastava

Miele W4842 Cycle Time

sshrivastava
13 years ago

I have a quick tip for those who know how to get into the machine's programming mode. If you turn off the bleach dispenser function, your cycle times will be reduced by 10 minutes. My cycle time on Wrinkle-Free used to be 59 minutes without any other options selected, and recently it dropped to 49 minutes. I couldn't figure out why, but realized that I recently turned off the bleach dispenser since I never use bleach. Turning it back on recovered the missing 10 minutes.

This may explain some odd timing behaviors that some of you may have noticed if you've been playing around in service/programming mode.

suburbanmd: Are you the one with the Kill A Watt meter? I was wondering, would you mind turning on "Automatic Load Control" in the programming mode and see if the heater kicks in on Normal cycle? The service manual states that turning on Automatic Load Control adds additional heat cycles depending on the type of load, amount of water, etc. It also states in the service manual that this mode should only be used at "detergent test facilities" only. I'm not sure why that is, but that qualifying statement made me think that perhaps it activates the heater on Normal and that's why it should not be used outside of test facilities - it will affect the Energy Star performance. Can you confirm whether my speculation is true?

I just ran a Normal cycle on very warm, and the machine was quite warm even after two rinses. I don't know if the heater was on, since I don't have one of those meters. However, if the heater is not being used then the rinse water is definitely the same temp as the main wash. How else would the machine and clothing still be so warm after two cold rinses?

Comments (39)