SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynnalexandra

Friendship Bread - What to do if I made mistakes

lynnalexandra
14 years ago

I'm hoping someone here is familiar with Friendship Bread. If not I can type the recipe here later. My daughter and her friends have started this - like a chain letter but with bread. You mix various ingredients - place them in plastic bags at room temperature.

For six days, you "mush the bag."

On day six, you had milk, flour and sugar.

Days 7-9, you "mush the bag some more."

Day 10, you add more ingredients and bake (setting some aside to make new bags and batches to give to you friends).

Anyway - my daughter received some of this stuff and baked some yummy breads (really more like a sweet cake). She started new bags. Unfortunately, on day six, it was my birthday and we all spaced out about adding the ingredients. I added them on Day 7. So here are my questions:

1 - since baking is more chemistry than art, did I blow it and there's no point in continuing this and baking?

2- if it's okay, should I just mush for 2 days and still bake on day 10? Or should I add a day to the process since I added the milk, sugar and flour on day 7 - and bake on day 11?

3- I also ran out of whole milk for one of the four bags. I went ahead and added 1% skim. Will that ruin it? Should I still bake it?

I really have no experience baking, so I'm not sure how to compensate for the mistakes - or whether it's even worth trying. My daughter brought the recipe to camp to show her friends - but if it's helpful, I can type the recipe here tonight.

Thanks.

Lynn.

Comments (5)