SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
threedgrad

Car problems - what are yours?

threedgrad
14 years ago

Last week I had a tire blowout. I had Toyo the manufacturer pick it up from my house to deal with the warranty. Then, a 2nd tire went yesterday - had a screw and a nail had imbedded in there. I had to call in to work and tell them I would be late. Called my insurance and had the tow truck sent to my house. Then I took the flat to the place where I bought it. The first guy said I needed a new tire but the manager said it could be fixed.

Community tire was giving me a hard time - so I took it to Discount Tire. Turns out the sidewall had blown out from being flat. They ordered a new tire but I did not have them put it on last night because I had to work at Dillards. So this morning I called warranty company from Community Tire and they said to have another place replace the bad tire voided my first warranty and that indeed I was covered for a screw, nail, blowout, etc.

So I went to Discount Tire and said I wanted this new tire but on a separate rim so I could use it as a spare rather than that donut which has been getting too much use and might go at any moment. Then I was going to take old tire on the original rim back to community tire and have them honor the warranty.

But turns out Discount Tire had the recycle place pick up my old tire last night. I made them call the recycle place and luckily my old tire had not been destroyed yet. Thank you holiday weekend!! I will get it back on Monday and then I will go to Community Tire and have them get me a brand new tire since the sidewall was also blown out and the old tire cannot be repaired. Whew!!

And that was my morning!

Happy New Year!!!

Eileen

Comments (6)